Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:46
Spanish to English
+ ...
My visitors Nov 16, 2014

Maija Cirule wrote:

Triston Goodwin wrote:

Bots, spiders, and web crawlers are the most common names that I know. They are programs that "read" the internet and populate search results - that is how Google knows what's on a website and then decides to show it to you in your search results.

They are typically harmless and can even be good if you're trying to rank high in a certain search engine, depending on who made the bot.

I'm not sure who it could be in Estonia, the IP address search results could be giving you information from an area much larger than it would appear. Mine says that I'm in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), but it's a 45 minutes drive to St. Louis from where I live.

If this is a robot/crawler, etc., I wonder why nothing like this has ever happened before?

I have one that's visited my profile 25 times so far. It must like me

Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 23:46
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Check lingvopoint.com Nov 16, 2014

Triston Goodwin wrote:

Maija Cirule wrote:

Triston Goodwin wrote:

Bots, spiders, and web crawlers are the most common names that I know. They are programs that "read" the internet and populate search results - that is how Google knows what's on a website and then decides to show it to you in your search results.

They are typically harmless and can even be good if you're trying to rank high in a certain search engine, depending on who made the bot.

I'm not sure who it could be in Estonia, the IP address search results could be giving you information from an area much larger than it would appear. Mine says that I'm in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), but it's a 45 minutes drive to St. Louis from where I live.

If this is a robot/crawler, etc., I wonder why nothing like this has ever happened before?

I have one that's visited my profile 25 times so far. It must like me

It seems that you might find your " profile" on the aforementioned site. See http://www.proz.com/forum/scams/277712-another_unauthorised_directory_listing_lingvopointcom.html

PS: the last visitor of your profile from Latvia is me. Not a crawler, just out of sheer curiosity

Have a nice day,
Maija

[Edited at 2014-11-16 08:46 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My profile visited by a single not logged in visitor 10 times within 24 hours

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »