Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:55
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 20, 2014

Hi everyone!

I have been working on this for a while now and wanted to share. I was able to customize the About Me section of my profile here and made a quick guide on how to do the same. I just uploaded it to Youtube and invite you all to take a look.

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5a4bHGE54A

Kaisa Azriouli
Kaisa Azriouli
Finland
Local time: 08:55
Finnish to English
+ ...
customizing your profile Oct 20, 2014

Great work for the profile design - provided that the dreamweaver is not the guarantee of the good looks. I will later on take my time to search whether the notepad really works with your good recipe.

Triston Goodwin
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Design Oct 21, 2014

I certainly could have used Dreamweaver, but that is the whole video and process that I used for my profile as it is right now. WYSIWYG

Triston Goodwin
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
One more thought Oct 21, 2014

It occurred to me that I should explain that Dreamweaver or Notepad, in this case, is simply there to capture the HTML code and copy - paste it into your profile. We're not editing or changing anything in there (at least in the video).

Victor Westmann (X)
Victor Westmann (X)
Brazil
Local time: 02:55
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Will try it soon Oct 22, 2014

Hey Tristran,

thanks for sharing the tips and spending your time to record all the steps in a video. Will pimp my Proz Profile page soon!

Cheers.

Triston Goodwin
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Happy to help! Oct 22, 2014

Share a link to your profile in the comments once you have it done, I'd love to see it. Plus you get some free advertising out of it

Laura Hargreaves
Laura Hargreaves  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:55
French
+ ...
Wow! Thanks! Oct 22, 2014

Wow Triston, thanks for sharing this! I didn't realise the profile page could handle HTML and this opens up some exciting possibilities!

I'll be sure to share a link once I've updated my profile to show off the finished result!

Kind Regards,

Laura Hargreaves
LanguagesbyLaura.com
Creative Translation and Language Tuiti
... See more
Wow Triston, thanks for sharing this! I didn't realise the profile page could handle HTML and this opens up some exciting possibilities!

I'll be sure to share a link once I've updated my profile to show off the finished result!

Kind Regards,

Laura Hargreaves
LanguagesbyLaura.com
Creative Translation and Language Tuition
Collapse

Triston Goodwin
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can't wait to see it! Oct 23, 2014

There is an old guide available here on Proz, but it's out of date and it can be a little intimidating for those not familiar with HTML (even I was a little scared of it!). I really wanted to see how far I could push my account. I tried a few different things with mixed levels of success until one day, while working on an email campaign for a client, it just clicked - my profile needed to be coded like an email. I have been trying to find an easy way for other people to do the same ever since. W... See more
There is an old guide available here on Proz, but it's out of date and it can be a little intimidating for those not familiar with HTML (even I was a little scared of it!). I really wanted to see how far I could push my account. I tried a few different things with mixed levels of success until one day, while working on an email campaign for a client, it just clicked - my profile needed to be coded like an email. I have been trying to find an easy way for other people to do the same ever since. What I have up currently didn't require any special tools or skills. I built everything during the video and even uploaded it live. Eventually I'm going to replace it with something else, but I wanted to leave it up for a while so people can see that it's real and that it works.

I don't pretend to be a web development expert or anything, I just like finding creative ways to solve problems.
Collapse

MarinaM
MarinaM  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
Creative Oct 23, 2014

Thanks for sharing!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Customizing Your Proz Profile - A Love Story

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »