Edna Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:22
Member (2009)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 19, 2014

Hi,

I previously uploaded a copy of my CV in .doc format which could be viewed by clicking a link on my Proz profile. However, as the CV contained my full address, telephone number, etc. I felt it was better to remove it so deleted it and inserted the standard "CV available on request" on my profile.

However, a direct link to the .doc version of my CV is still available if you search using my name on google. It isn't a cached version of my proz profile but a direct li
... See more
Hi,

I previously uploaded a copy of my CV in .doc format which could be viewed by clicking a link on my Proz profile. However, as the CV contained my full address, telephone number, etc. I felt it was better to remove it so deleted it and inserted the standard "CV available on request" on my profile.

However, a direct link to the .doc version of my CV is still available if you search using my name on google. It isn't a cached version of my proz profile but a direct link to a proz.com hosted .doc file. When you click on the google search result the full word document is either downloaded or displayed in the browser with the URL cdn3.proz.com............. (i.e. not a google cache of the outdated proz page).

If my CV has been removed, how come it still seems to be available via a proz.com URL?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edna.
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:22
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Suggestion Jan 20, 2014

Hello Edna,

I don't have an answer to your question but I sugggest you address it directly to those able to help by submitting a Support Request to ProZ.com staff.

David Hayes
David Hayes  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:22
French to English
Answer Jan 20, 2014

The answer to this one is available on the ProZ.com website (Profiles, general, FAQ, 15.7):

http://www.proz.com/faq/profiles/cv_resumé.html#how_can_i_delete_my_resume_cv_photo

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
CV removed from servers Jan 20, 2014

Edna Almeida wrote:

Hi,

However, a direct link to the .doc version of my CV is still available if you search using my name on google. It isn't a cached version of my proz profile but a direct link to a proz.com hosted .doc file. When you click on the google search result the full word document is either downloaded or displayed in the browser with the URL cdn3.proz.com............. (i.e. not a google cache of the outdated proz page).

If my CV has been removed, how come it still seems to be available via a proz.com URL?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edna.

Hi Edna,

Your CV has been removed from ProZ.com's servers. When you click on its link, you should be brought to a 404 error page. If you don't see that error page at first, try waiting a bit or clearing your browser's cache.

I also just requested that Google remove the cached version of your CV from their search results. See the information on this page https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/1663688 under the "Remove content that’s not live" heading.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Maria

Maziar Pedrami
Maziar Pedrami
Local time: 14:52
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
same problem Mar 1, 2014

I have the exact same problem, deleted my CV, but every time I Google my name, a direct link to my CV pops up.

I would appreciate it if you could remove my CV from proz servers as well
Edit:I sorted it out through google's web removal tool

[Edited at 2014-03-01 22:09 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-03-02 10:37 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Direct link to CV still available via google search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »