Thread poster: Norazilinah Ingram
Norazilinah Ingram
Norazilinah Ingram  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:22
Malay to English
+ ...
Jul 31, 2013

I was just wondering. Does anyone here check your peers profile almost everyday for whatever the reason? The reason why I am posting this question is because I am curious because this particular person is checking my profile almost everyday. Even though he or she changed the IP address a few times, when I check the visitors counts and IP address, its all pointing to the same area. Its so obvious they came from the same address.

I am aware of the risk being in this business, you wi
... See more
I was just wondering. Does anyone here check your peers profile almost everyday for whatever the reason? The reason why I am posting this question is because I am curious because this particular person is checking my profile almost everyday. Even though he or she changed the IP address a few times, when I check the visitors counts and IP address, its all pointing to the same area. Its so obvious they came from the same address.

I am aware of the risk being in this business, you will be exposed to people checking on your profile and your information. But I was just wondering what is the motive behind the daily checking. Is it the changes in the profile? The clients? Improvements? Not only that, I had another website with Termwiki, this particular person followed me there and checked on my profile almost the same way as here for whatever reason. I have no idea why.

So if any of you have the same experience as me please give me some advice. Thank you.
Collapse

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 15:22
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Crawlers, robots... Jul 31, 2013

Are you sure that they are not crawlers and robots accessing your profile?

János Untener
János Untener  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 08:22
Member (2010)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
agreed Jul 31, 2013

Yasutomo Kanazawa wrote:

Are you sure that they are not crawlers and robots accessing your profile?

There is no one stalking you, those are just crawlers/robots.
I also get hundreds of visits from for example 157.55.xx.xx IP address.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Search engine crawler visits Jul 31, 2013

Hello Norazilinah,

As Yasutomo and János point out, those visits seem to be coming primarily from a search engine crawler, which is what goes out and 'spiders' the internet for pages to be searchable. So basically, no need for alarm, a machine is visiting your profile numerous times, not a human.

Hope this clarifies.

Kind regards,

Lucia

Norazilinah Ingram
Norazilinah Ingram  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:22
Malay to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 31, 2013

Thanks for the comments. I am not alarmed. I am just curious. You can never know what internet can do these days. I have not heard about bots doing self search before unless what is meant to say was if a person enter a particular search on search engine, and it was trying to gather info and mine was included. It does make sense that way.

What got my attention was when every movement I made like, answering kudoz questions, posting a forum topic was being monitored from the same IP a
... See more
Thanks for the comments. I am not alarmed. I am just curious. You can never know what internet can do these days. I have not heard about bots doing self search before unless what is meant to say was if a person enter a particular search on search engine, and it was trying to gather info and mine was included. It does make sense that way.

What got my attention was when every movement I made like, answering kudoz questions, posting a forum topic was being monitored from the same IP address. If there is a real person behind this, I was hoping it will stop or at least to let him or her know I am aware of this. But if it is a spider crawler, or bot then there is nothing I can do about it

Anyway thanks for the input. Best regards to all!

Nora Ingram
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Repeated profile visits from the same area

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »