Different wordings of 'CV available upon request'?
Thread poster: Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz
Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz
Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:10
English to Polish
+ ...
Jul 4, 2013

I think I've seen at least two different versions. Am I seeing things or are there really some differences in the standard text displayed for those members who have chosen not to include a CV in their profiles?

Maciej W
Maciej W  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Neither, actually ;) Jul 5, 2013

Not 100% sure, but I seem to remember that when you choose not to upload your CV, you can input whatever text you like to tell people how it's available.

[Edited at 2013-07-05 09:02 GMT]

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thanks right! Jul 5, 2013

As Maciej notices, whenever you choose not to upload a copy of your CV to your profile, http://www.proz.com/settings/personalization#cv , you may enter a personal note or else leave the standard "CV available upon request" line. This may be why you see different note versions in that section, Łukasz.

Hope this clarifies.

Lucia

Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz
Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Oh, now I see! Jul 5, 2013

Thank you, Lucia and Maciej! I just didn't know what happens after you select the no CV option. Made me curious from a coding point of view, like, how can they have two different values/variables there or something. Thanks for satisfying my curosity.

Laura Innocenti
Laura Innocenti  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Can't set to "Available upon request" Feb 6, 2015

Dear all,

I'd like to set my CV/Resume line to be "Available upon request" but I don't seem to get such option when I try to update my profile.
I only see "No CV / resume listed.", "I wish to upload my CV in" and "Show CV link to:".

Can you help? Cheers!

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Only available once you've deleted a CV you've already uploaded Feb 6, 2015

Dear Laura,

For some reason it looks like you're only able to add that message if you've first uploaded a CV, and then delete it. This option should be available by default, and I will request that the necessary changes be made so that it appears without first having to upload a file into that field and then remove it.

I will be sure to let you know once that's been implemented.

Best regards,

Maria

Laura Innocenti
Laura Innocenti  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
I see! Feb 12, 2015

Dear Maria,

I only got to see your reply now, thank you very much! And thanks for taking action about it.

Ok, that explains it. Do let us know when the option is implemented.

All the best,
Laura

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Different wordings of 'CV available upon request'?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »