Japanese to English translators - How do you report rates in profile?
Thread poster: SAJohnston
SAJohnston
SAJohnston
United States
Local time: 22:02
Japanese to English
Mar 2, 2013

ProZ only seems to have a per word rate option in profiles, so I wanted to see what the other Japanese to English translators are doing to handle that, given that the standard practice is to charge per character. Is it common for the translators on this site to follow the 1 word = 2.5 characters conversion? Is there anyone just putting their per character rate in the per word rate?

I haven't made much use of the resources at ProZ yet, so I'm not sure what impact the listed profile r
... See more
ProZ only seems to have a per word rate option in profiles, so I wanted to see what the other Japanese to English translators are doing to handle that, given that the standard practice is to charge per character. Is it common for the translators on this site to follow the 1 word = 2.5 characters conversion? Is there anyone just putting their per character rate in the per word rate?

I haven't made much use of the resources at ProZ yet, so I'm not sure what impact the listed profile rates have on the actual rate for each project.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Japanese to English translators - How do you report rates in profile?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »