How do I set different rates for different language pairs?
Thread poster: Sarah McDowell
Sarah McDowell
Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:26
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 9, 2012

I recently edited my rates and I ended up changing both my translation rate and editing rate accidentally.

How do I do it to make the editing rate lower than the translation rate? I couldn't find this feature in the profile editor at all.

Thanks,
Sarah

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:26
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Translation / proofreading rates Aug 9, 2012

Hello Sarah,

I've been hoping someone else would reply to you because I always get in a total muddle with the rates on my ProZ profile, but nobody else has replied so...

When you say translation rate and editing rate, I'm not sure I understand what you are referring to on the profile. I can find a "per word" rate, which is clearly the translation rate. For my editing rate, I have completed the "per hour" f
... See more
Hello Sarah,

I've been hoping someone else would reply to you because I always get in a total muddle with the rates on my ProZ profile, but nobody else has replied so...

When you say translation rate and editing rate, I'm not sure I understand what you are referring to on the profile. I can find a "per word" rate, which is clearly the translation rate. For my editing rate, I have completed the "per hour" field. I don't believe there is a place to put a second per-word rate. I think it's just per word for translation and per hour for editing (implied rather than explicit).

Does that make any sense or are we talking at cross purposes?

Sheila
Collapse

Marina Steinbach
Marina Steinbach
United States
Local time: 07:26
Member (2011)
English to German
I used my monolingual field for that purpose. Aug 9, 2012

I used my monolingual field for that purpose.

Suzan Hamer
Suzan Hamer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:26
English
+ ...
Me too; it's not set up very well. Aug 9, 2012

Sheila Wilson wrote:

...I always get in a total muddle with the rates on my ProZ profile....

Sheila

You have to go through "Edit languages" under the box titled "Working Languages", under your profile photo, and above "Availability today" (above the calendar). Then you can set rates for each language pair. As Marina said, use the monolingual field for your editing rate.

One would think you would be able to do this from the Rates section in the standardized information section on your profile. But no. For some reason, you have to go through "Edit languages".

[Edited at 2012-08-09 22:13 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-08-09 22:15 GMT]

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:26
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Of course! Aug 9, 2012

Suzan Hamer wrote:
One would think you would be able to do this from the Rates section in the standardized information section on your profile. But no. For some reason, you have to go through "Edit languages".

Why didn't we think of that, Sarah? Thanks, Suzan!

Sarah McDowell
Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:26
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everyone! Aug 10, 2012

Hello and thank you very much Sheila, Suzan and Marina!

I figured it out thanks to your help. I appreciate your advice.

Have a nice day!

Sarah

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I set different rates for different language pairs?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »