Only members can post in this forum

Why I decided to renew my Platinum Membership
Thread poster: A Hayes (X)
A Hayes (X)
A Hayes (X)
Australia
Local time: 01:55
Apr 5, 2006

(1) Hosting of website and email address at no extra charge ( + blog!)

(2) Networking

(3) Full Blue Board access

(4) Supporting ProZ

These are the most valuable reasons for me. How about you, virtual colleagues?

Cheers from Sydney -

[Edited at 2006-04-05 12:04]

Jo-Hanna Goettsche
Jo-Hanna Goettsche  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:55
English to Spanish
All the members-only features Apr 5, 2006

1. Knowing that my bid has a chance of appearing before others (not that it guarantees I get the job).

2. I developed my own site and the idea of losing it made me remember to renew.

3. The ability to check Blue Board ratings for outsourcers, and being able to leave my feedback for those I worked for.

Elena Pavan
Elena Pavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:55
Member (2005)
French to Italian
+ ...
A great help Apr 5, 2006

Apart from the professional advantages I can get (BlueBoard, Kudoz), it's more a "personal" reason.
It's my way of saying Thank you for the help I get with Kudoz, thank you for letting me meet new friends, thank you for offering a little distraction with the Forums when I am going to fall asleep on the keyboard and still I have a lot to do.
Thank you to all the staff and the people who work on the site for the site.

LCK
LCK
United States
Local time: 11:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
I totally agree 100% Apr 8, 2006

Elena Pavan wrote:

Apart from the professional advantages I can get (BlueBoard, Kudoz), it's more a "personal" reason.
It's my way of saying Thank you for the help I get with Kudoz, thank you for letting me meet new friends, thank you for offering a little distraction with the Forums when I am going to fall asleep on the keyboard and still I have a lot to do.
Thank you to all the staff and the people who work on the site for the site.

I had no idea I could get my website domain for just $10 a year with my Platinum membership, the fee is absolutely worth every penny! specially if I keep participating. So many things to do in so little time!!! I have made some wonderful friends in the past two years because of ProZ. They have my vote!
Nice meeting you Elena

[Edited at 2006-04-08 22:06]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why I decided to renew my Platinum Membership

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »