Only members can post in this forum

Why isn't my ProZ.com membership renewed?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 18:52
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 29, 2018

I made the payment on 19th January and it was registered on 20th. I paid for local sale in Hong Kong, so I then e-mailed the representative in Hong Kong giving him my details as I always have done before. I didn't receive any reply so I sent a new e-mail a week later. Didn't receive any reply now either so I contacted ProZ.com support, and they replied today that they would let someone else help me.

My membership expires in 5 days so I am worried of course if nothing happens I won't
... See more
I made the payment on 19th January and it was registered on 20th. I paid for local sale in Hong Kong, so I then e-mailed the representative in Hong Kong giving him my details as I always have done before. I didn't receive any reply so I sent a new e-mail a week later. Didn't receive any reply now either so I contacted ProZ.com support, and they replied today that they would let someone else help me.

My membership expires in 5 days so I am worried of course if nothing happens I won't be able to use ProZ.com anymore.

This has never happened before. Why, and what can have happened?
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:52
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Things have changed Jan 29, 2018

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:
This has never happened before. Why, and what can have happened?

I imagine staff monitor this forum so will see this, but in case there's a delay I strongly advise you to send them a support ticket. You can do that from many places around the site. The payment interface has changed drastically in the last year or so.

Shirley Lao
Shirley Lao  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 00:52
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Same Issue Jan 29, 2018

I encountered the same issue. I made the payment on January 13, but my membership has not been registered. Thus, I sent a support ticket on January 17, but this request has not been taken care of until now (January 29).

[Edited at 2018-01-29 12:46 GMT]

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 18:52
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Did you also do a local payment? Jan 29, 2018

Shirley, did you also do a local payment like me? I paid from my Hong Kong company's HSBC bank account to the local representative's (a European living in China) bank account in the same bank (HSBC Hong Kong). I've done this for many years and always received reply from him in a few days time. But not now, so something is not working with the communication with this local representative.

Shirley Lao
Taiwan
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
No local payment made Jan 29, 2018

Fredrik, I always renew my ProZ membership through PayPal WITHOUT making a local payment. I have been using this payment method through my PayPal account for years, but my renewed membership has always been registered in a few minutes. I am not sure why I encountered this issue this year.

[Edited at 2018-01-29 13:58 GMT]

Shirley Lao
Taiwan
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
My membership has been registered Jan 29, 2018

Please note that my renewed membership has been registered, although I have not recognized such an update on my profile page, possibly because of the changes made on the ProZ website.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why isn't my ProZ.com membership renewed?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »