Spain
Local time: 06:21
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Anyone can add an entry to the BB Jan 9, 2017

Cristina Lo Bianco wrote:
Sheila Wilson wrote:
I think that withdrawing the BB from translators who don't subscribe was a really bad move. How can they avoid the sharks?

And also: how can they give their input? I guess that, since standard members can't see the new BB categories they also can't contribute. Doesn't this make it worse also for the plus package buyers?

I believe that anyone can add an entry, as long as they can state that they've worked for the client. It certainly would be wrong to take that away from them.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 02:21
SITE FOUNDER
Data on Plus subscription option Jan 9, 2017

Hi Cristina. I see that you have already decided on the Standard package. Thanks for being a member!

For others who are deciding which package to choose, I'm clarify a few things about Plus:

* The extra features included in the Plus package are described in detail at http://www.proz.com/about-plus-package

* About 40% of members are selecting the Plus package w
... See more
Hi Cristina. I see that you have already decided on the Standard package. Thanks for being a member!

For others who are deciding which package to choose, I'm clarify a few things about Plus:

* The extra features included in the Plus package are described in detail at http://www.proz.com/about-plus-package

* About 40% of members are selecting the Plus package when joining or renewing. So far there are 2267 Plus subscribers -- you can see them here.

* On average, the group of Plus subscribers reports slightly more work experience than the group of Standard subscribers. (So by no means is it a package for newbies.)

One other correction from the comments above: No Blue Board access has been revoked. Instead, a new option to rate outsourcers in categories has been added. The access policy for that is this: Plus subscribers can see the "category ratings" of all Blue Board outsourcers, while Standard subscribers and non-members can see the category ratings entered for companies that they have themselves rated.
Collapse

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 07:21
TM-Town? Feb 15, 2017

Excuse me if this has already been asked, but is any of the TM-Town plans (https://www.tm-town.com/membership-pricing ) included in a Proz Plus membership?

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 03:21
SITE STAFF
TM-Town membership is included in the Plus package Feb 15, 2017

CafeTran Training wrote:

Excuse me if this has already been asked, but is any of the TM-Town plans (https://www.tm-town.com/membership-pricing ) included in a Proz Plus membership?

Yes. Professional TM-Town membership is included in the Plus package.

See a comparison table for the Standard and Plus membership packages at http://www.proz.com/professional-membership#comparison-table-section

And for descriptions of the Plus package features that have been released so far, http://www.proz.com/about-plus-package

MT to English

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Plus Feb 16, 2017

I haven't really any immediate use for any of the + package features, but the extra CAT was nice.

I've been on TM town with a free account since it started and now a pro or whatever account that's included in the plus package and have uploaded one of my big Tms but never received a mail offering work or even asking for info. Perhaps this and some other plus features will prove their worth in time.

I went for the plus package and will almost certainly continue to do so b
... See more
I haven't really any immediate use for any of the + package features, but the extra CAT was nice.

I've been on TM town with a free account since it started and now a pro or whatever account that's included in the plus package and have uploaded one of my big Tms but never received a mail offering work or even asking for info. Perhaps this and some other plus features will prove their worth in time.

I went for the plus package and will almost certainly continue to do so because Proz has given me a lot over the years and the 100ish euros membership has paid for itself a thousand times over without fail every year.

I would actually prefer to pay more for Proz membership. The more it costs, the higher the percentage of pro translators methinks, but I can understand the idea of lowering the price of membership to try and get more people and more money in.

Ideally imo Proz would be a site for pros, rather than a site for anyone who has 100 bucks and knows a bit of engleeesh mixed in with professional translators.

Perhaps one day Proz will be the best site for good clients to find a professional translator, and people interested in lesser offerings will have to go elsewhere, just like someone wanting a Merc doesn't walk into the Fiat showroom. If Proz was like that I think it would be worth twice the price of plus membership today.
Collapse

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:21
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Go for it Feb 16, 2017

Jo Macdonald wrote:

I would actually prefer to pay more for Proz membership.

Go ahead! I'm sure your extra payment will be welcome.

Siegfried Armbruster
Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
I would be more than willing to pay more May 28, 2017

Tom in London wrote:

Jo Macdonald wrote:

I would actually prefer to pay more for Proz membership.

Go ahead! I'm sure your extra payment will be welcome.

(and I mean substantially more),

.... if ProZ allowed me to localize the optional tabs on my profile page
.... if ProZ finally managed to display the keywords used in search engines that brought visitors to my profile.

This would be a real Plus package. I would also have no problem if I could book these features separately. If you want an CAT, book it, if you need a guru, book it, same for TM Town. But my needs are different, I do not need another CAT Tool, I do not need a guru and TM town has not produced any positive results for me.

[Edited at 2017-05-28 19:03 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-05-28 19:05 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proz Membership: standard vs plus package

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »