https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_membership/295949-certified_pro_network_application_what_should_i_translate_for_sample_text.html&phpv_redirected=1

Only members can post in this forum

Certified PRO Network application - What should I translate for sample text?
Thread poster: Anders O.
Anders O.
Anders O.  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 09:52
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Dec 17, 2015

I am thinking of applying to become a PRO here on ProZ.

I am wondering what kind of content I should provide in the sample translation. What did you translate to become a ProZ PRO?

Does the length of your membership have anything to say? I only joined a couple of days ago. Should I wait a while before I apply?

Harry Blake Paz Bonzano
Harry Blake Paz Bonzano  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2014)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
You should apply... Dec 17, 2015

...whenever you feel like and if you meet the criteria they are asking. There is plenty of documentation and I suggest you to contact some expert like Maria Dotterer for anything you want to know.

I presented a literary text, a quite complex one but I was confident with my skills.
Try to look for something that you are sure you have translated very well, and then revise it so that everything is perfect when you decide to apply. Of course, like it is said in the application rul
... See more
...whenever you feel like and if you meet the criteria they are asking. There is plenty of documentation and I suggest you to contact some expert like Maria Dotterer for anything you want to know.

I presented a literary text, a quite complex one but I was confident with my skills.
Try to look for something that you are sure you have translated very well, and then revise it so that everything is perfect when you decide to apply. Of course, like it is said in the application rules, the translation must not be online.
I also chose to be reviewed by 3 colleagues for my translation so that that acceptance could be faster. Unexpectedly it was fast.
Collapse

Anders O.
Anders O.  Identity Verified
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 18, 2015

Harry Blake Paz Bonzano wrote:

Try to look for something that you are sure you have translated very well, and then revise it so that everything is perfect when you decide to apply. Of course, like it is said in the application rules, the translation must not be online.
I also chose to be reviewed by 3 colleagues for my translation so that that acceptance could be faster. Unexpectedly it was fast.

Thank you for your advice!

Elke Fehling
Elke Fehling  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
Why Sep 28, 2018

What are the advantages of being a Certified Pro? Any real observations?

Serhan Elmacıoğlu

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Certified PRO Network application - What should I translate for sample text?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »