Thread poster: Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:02
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
May 8, 2012

I just wanted to renew my membership. Until last year, I paid in Euro, so I was astonished, when I tried to pay, to see the same amount in USD and EUR. I therefore wrote a support ticket and was promptly told that this was an error and that I would be charged the corresponding amount in EUR. So I proceeded and paid with my credit card. Only afterwards I got the "apologies" from ProZ and a link to the FAQs where indeed they say that the same amount in USD and EUR will be charged (for whatever rea... See more
I just wanted to renew my membership. Until last year, I paid in Euro, so I was astonished, when I tried to pay, to see the same amount in USD and EUR. I therefore wrote a support ticket and was promptly told that this was an error and that I would be charged the corresponding amount in EUR. So I proceeded and paid with my credit card. Only afterwards I got the "apologies" from ProZ and a link to the FAQs where indeed they say that the same amount in USD and EUR will be charged (for whatever reason, and surely a valid one). But wouldn't it have been more correct to state this clearly in their form? One is not supposed to read first through the FAQs, right?

I won't say that the difference is overwhelming, it's just a question of transparency and correctness, in my opinion, and I would have preferred to know this before.
Collapse

paravena
paravena  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:02
English to Spanish
membership price Oct 12, 2012

Hi Christel,
Same thing happened to me! I didnt know, it wasnt mentioned anywhere. Now, i see they have even charged it twice! i dont know who to contact. I have written them and get no answer.
Regards,
Paola

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Membership cost USD/EUR

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »