Only members can post in this forum

"Community membership" : no longer access to the BB??
Thread poster: Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:53
Member (2003)
German to French
Sep 17, 2009

I've been a partial community member since a few years (2005, I think) and until then, I had a full and unlimited access to the BlueBoard, which was one the reasons why I still paid the membership.

But today (maybe it was sooner, but I have not visited the BB for a while), my access is denied, saying I need to upgrade.

Was the policy changed so that the "Community" members can't access the BB anymore ?
The information doesn't appear on the benefits of paying Commu
... See more
I've been a partial community member since a few years (2005, I think) and until then, I had a full and unlimited access to the BlueBoard, which was one the reasons why I still paid the membership.

But today (maybe it was sooner, but I have not visited the BB for a while), my access is denied, saying I need to upgrade.

Was the policy changed so that the "Community" members can't access the BB anymore ?
The information doesn't appear on the benefits of paying Community membership indeed.
When did it happen and (how) have we been informed of this change??

I'm quite angry to discover that now, but maybe I have missed something.

Any response appreciated.

Sylvain

[Modifié le 2009-09-17 14:23 GMT]
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 01:53
SITE STAFF
Looking into this fully Sep 17, 2009

Hello Sylvain,

Thanks for reporting this. It looks like there may have been an error. Let me look into this fully and get back to you. Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

Jared

Sylvain Leray
Member (2003)
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
Patience Sep 18, 2009

Hi Jared,

Thank you, I'm waiting then.

Am I the only one in this case? How does it come that the feature "full acces to the BB" is not featured anymore among the benefits of this limited "Community membership"?

Sylvain Leray
Member (2003)
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
Still no access Sep 21, 2009

I still have no access to the BB...

Sylvain Leray
Member (2003)
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
Opening a support ticket Sep 22, 2009

I'm opening a support request...

Emmanuelle Riffault
Emmanuelle Riffault  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 14:53
Member (2004)
German to French
+ ...
Patience Sep 22, 2009

Hello Sylvain,
have you finally received any answer?

Emmanuelle

Sylvain Leray
Member (2003)
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
No Sep 22, 2009

Emmanuelle Daburger-Riffault wrote:

Hello Sylvain,
have you finally received any answer?

Emmanuelle

Hello Emmanuelle, nice to see you

No. I submitted a support request this morning and am still waiting for an answer.

Prawi
Prawi  Identity Verified
Austria
German to Italian
You are not the only one Sep 27, 2009

Hello Sylvain,

same here. I've been a partial community member for two or three years, and until some weeks ago - or maybe longer, I can't tell - I had full access to the BB. All of a sudden, they tell me I should upgrade. What does the support say? Have you received an answer yet?

Thanks and ciao,

Paola

Sylvain Leray
Member (2003)
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
Yes and no Sep 28, 2009

Prawi wrote:

Hello Sylvain,

same here. I've been a partial community member for two or three years, and until some weeks ago - or maybe longer, I can't tell - I had full access to the BB. All of a sudden, they tell me I should upgrade. What does the support say? Have you received an answer yet?

Thanks and ciao,

Paola

Hi Paola,

I wrote a support request and yes, I got a reply.

They are still working on it, I suppose, but in the meantime, I have been given full access to the whole site (like a full member), until this have been "resolved".

But is there really something to resolve or is it just a change of policy we didn't were informed about? What strikes me is that the full acces to the BB is no longer mentioned under "Community membership" on the presentation page. And your reply seems to confirm that, if you were told to "upgrade" indeed...

A statement from the staff would be much appreciated, since the issue is already 10 days old.

Kind regards,
Sylvain

[Modifié le 2009-09-28 07:34 GMT]

Prawi
Prawi  Identity Verified
Austria
German to Italian
Thanks Sylvain, Sep 28, 2009

I'll submit a request to the support, but should you in the meantime get a clear answer please let me know. The same applies to me, of course.

Schönen Abend noch,

Paola

P.S. How long does it take the support to look fully into it? I'm wondering...

Sylvain Leray
Member (2003)
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
And... ? Oct 10, 2009

Hi Jared,

Is the problem solved?

I still enjoy the benefits of being a full member as a "temporary" solution, but I'd like to know if the Community membership still includes access to the BB or not.

Just to know if renewing my membership next year is still worth it or not

Thanks in advance for a clear reply!

Regards,
Sylvain

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
All community partial members will have access to the Blue Board record for now Oct 10, 2009

Hello all,

I apologize for the delay in a reply to your concerns. For the time being, and while the Blue Board access policy is revised in connection to Community partial membership, all community partial members will have access to the Blue Board record.

It should not take longer to have a definite answer to this. You will be informed in the next few days about what has been corrected and/or decided.

I appreciate your patience.

Regards,
... See more
Hello all,

I apologize for the delay in a reply to your concerns. For the time being, and while the Blue Board access policy is revised in connection to Community partial membership, all community partial members will have access to the Blue Board record.

It should not take longer to have a definite answer to this. You will be informed in the next few days about what has been corrected and/or decided.

I appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Prawi
Prawi  Identity Verified
Austria
German to Italian
Thanks a lot for asking again, Sylvain Oct 10, 2009

Like you, I have been temporarily upgraded to full member, but this is not a satisfying solution. I'm still waiting for an answer to my question: since when we have no full access to the BB?

@Lucia: thank you for answering, hope to hear from you and from the staff soon.

Regards,

Paola

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Community membership" : no longer access to the BB??

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »