Kristina Radziulyte
Kristina Radziulyte  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 15:30
Member (2006)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...

Community partial membership Feb 13, 2009

I have recently downgraded to Community partial membership, as I am not so much interested in quoting on member-restricted jobs (there are usually ~4 restricted jobs per month in my language pairs).
The only disadvantage I have noticed so far is that I am no longer considered a Proz. Member in Freelancer search results.
Actually, it was a surprise for me - I knew I won't benefit from Top-tier placement in directory searched by clients, but didn't expect I won't
... See more
I have recently downgraded to Community partial membership, as I am not so much interested in quoting on member-restricted jobs (there are usually ~4 restricted jobs per month in my language pairs).
The only disadvantage I have noticed so far is that I am no longer considered a Proz. Member in Freelancer search results.
Actually, it was a surprise for me - I knew I won't benefit from Top-tier placement in directory searched by clients, but didn't expect I won't be shown among Members at all.
I think this information might be useful for those who are planning to purchase the membership and are unsure of which type choose.
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:30
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Photo on CV? - No, link to ProZ! Feb 13, 2009

Cristina [/quote]

Nerver have, probably never will. It's never been part of British business culture (although some companies may well request a photo), so I've never even considered doing it. [/quote]

If it's a CV you're sending, then anti-discrimination laws make it extremely inadvisable to include a photo - you can if you want, but the 'employer' is legally required to ignore it (not easy for us warm-blooded subjective human-beings).

What you can do is
... See more
Cristina [/quote]

Nerver have, probably never will. It's never been part of British business culture (although some companies may well request a photo), so I've never even considered doing it. [/quote]

If it's a CV you're sending, then anti-discrimination laws make it extremely inadvisable to include a photo - you can if you want, but the 'employer' is legally required to ignore it (not easy for us warm-blooded subjective human-beings).

What you can do is to give a link to your ProZ profile, with its photo. I find it difficult within the forums (sorry, I gave up Latin when I left school) and within KudoZ when I don't even know if the person behind the strange name is male or female, so I have my photo on ProZ. I see my ProZ membership as developing relationships with colleagues and relationships are always easier when you can see the person.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Making the most of my membership

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »