No International Proz.com conference in Europe in 2016?
Thread poster: Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 14:58
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Feb 8, 2016

Every summer, I try to make my summer plans coincide with some conference or other. But when I started looking for this year's proz.com conference, I realized there doesn't seem to be one (at least nothing has been posted about it)?
Is this right, or did I miss some posting or other about it?

Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 14:58
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No one? Feb 11, 2016

I guess I need to look elsewhere for a conference to justify my summer travel expenses....

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:58
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Well, I was wondering too Feb 11, 2016

But I just took the silence as confirmation that there isn't one. Shame though.

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Working on determining an event date and location Feb 11, 2016

Hello Hege, hello Sheila,

Thanks for bringing this up. Unfortunately some initial plans for this year's international conference fell through. I'm now working on getting an event date and location scheduled as soon as possible, which depends of course on the availability of local organizers.

My apologies for the delay in this respect. As soon as the event details have been finalized, they will be announced to the community.

Best regards,

Mar
... See more
Hello Hege, hello Sheila,

Thanks for bringing this up. Unfortunately some initial plans for this year's international conference fell through. I'm now working on getting an event date and location scheduled as soon as possible, which depends of course on the availability of local organizers.

My apologies for the delay in this respect. As soon as the event details have been finalized, they will be announced to the community.

Best regards,

Maria
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

No International Proz.com conference in Europe in 2016?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »