ProZ.com 2012 international conference - Barcelona - Travel - airport to Barcelona
Thread poster: Sales Admin
Sales Admin
Sales Admin

Local time: 22:51
English
May 29, 2012

This forum will be used to discuss travel options to get from the airport to the city of Barcelona for the 2012 ProZ.com international conference.

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:51
Italian to English
Aerobus Jun 1, 2012

The transport section of the airport (El Prat) website gives this link: http://www.aerobusbcn.com/index.php for frequent, inexpensive buses direct to Plaza Catalunya, T1 from terminal 1 and T2 from terminal 2.

It says the journey takes about 35 minutes and costs €5.65 one way or €9.75 return.
"You can buy your ticket from the staff at the bus stops (payment in cash or by credit
... See more
The transport section of the airport (El Prat) website gives this link: http://www.aerobusbcn.com/index.php for frequent, inexpensive buses direct to Plaza Catalunya, T1 from terminal 1 and T2 from terminal 2.

It says the journey takes about 35 minutes and costs €5.65 one way or €9.75 return.
"You can buy your ticket from the staff at the bus stops (payment in cash or by credit card), at the automatic sales machines (payment by credit card) or by paying the bus driver (cash only payments)".
Collapse

Sergei Tumanov
Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:51
English to Russian
+ ...
train Jun 4, 2012

best way to reach Barcelona from El Prat Airport

When you leave the arrival terminal (T2) proceed to the left about 300 meters, find the gallery that leads to the train stop directly.
It costed me 1.80 to reach Barcelona railway terminal in the center. The payment can be done by T10 ticket

The best option for public transport use is buying a one-day ticket. I do not remember right the exact price.
It costs same as the ticket for 10 voyages (T10) but the num
... See more

When you leave the arrival terminal (T2) proceed to the left about 300 meters, find the gallery that leads to the train stop directly.
It costed me 1.80 to reach Barcelona railway terminal in the center. The payment can be done by T10 ticket

The best option for public transport use is buying a one-day ticket. I do not remember right the exact price.
It costs same as the ticket for 10 voyages (T10) but the number of voyages is not limited.

+++
Update on fares

http://www.tmb.cat/en/bitllets-i-tarifes

If T10 is used, it costs 9,25 and one can do 10 trips within 1st zone (imho all Barcelona)
One trip costs 0.92 euro

If T-dia is used, it costs euro 6.95 and the number of trips is not limited.
This type of ticket is not much advertised though...

The difference:

T-dia expires in 24 hours after the first trip on a bus or subway, or city train..
T-10 lasts about 2 or 3 months after the first trip on a bus or subway, or city train.

The Airport El Prat is in the second zone, and the cost of travel to and from the centre is 1.80 per person.
One T-10 ticket can be used to pay for several persons travel.

++

Update 2
If one buys a Barcelona card anyway, then...

qte

The Barcelona Card gives you free travel on the RENFE train from the airport to the city centre

Alternatively you can have free ravel on the RENFE train from the Airport to Barcelona city centre with the Barcelona Card.

uqte

+++++
If you are arriving into Terminal 1, a shuttle bus will take you from outside of the terminal to the train station entrance.

[Edited at 2012-06-04 08:37 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-06-04 08:53 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-06-04 09:03 GMT]
Collapse

Helena Diaz del Real
Helena Diaz del Real  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:51
German to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
I do not quite agree Jun 5, 2012

Sergei Tumanov wrote:

It costs same as the ticket for 10 voyages (T10) but the number of voyages is not limited.

Dear Sergei,

through I am not going to attend the conference, nor be in Barcelona at that time, I would like to say that I do not quite agree with your statement about the best way to get into town from the airport.

I think your information could be a little old. Is this possible? Many of the people arriving to the airport of Barcelona DO NOT land at the terminal 2, but at the 1. If so, there is no possiblity to get the gallery that leads to the Renfe-station, except by taking a free bus that stops at all airport-terminals. However I find this gallery extremely unconfortable, long and quite often, sticky. So I avoid it as much as I can.

And not enough, if you take the train, you will have to get off at "Sants", the main railway station, and then transfer to the subway/bus anyway. This renfe line does definetely not take you to Plaça Catalunya, the city center. And if you realize, that the subway in Barcelona has many stairs and no mechanical aisles (sorry I don't know the english word for that - I mean the places on many airports and subways in which you stand on, but you move in the direction you need), nor mechanical steps, I would definetely take the bus directly to the center. I think the few Euros difference is a well-worth investition.

I hope you are not angry about my opinion. Actually I am at least 5 times a year at this airport and I happen to know it well...

Have a gorgeous time in a extremely gorgeous city!
Helena

Sergei Tumanov
Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:51
English to Russian
+ ...
No problem at all Jun 5, 2012

I spoke about the best economical ways to reach the center

And I like walking after all.

:0)

And not enough, if you take the train, you will have to get off at "Sants", the main railway station, and then transfer to the subway/bus anyway.

With T-dia ticket this will be gratis.

[Edited at 2012-06-05 15:51 GMT]

Patricia de Gispert
Patricia de Gispert  Identity Verified
France
English to Spanish
+ ...
Bus, Train and Taxi Jun 5, 2012

Hello,

In my opinion, the best way to reach town is the Airbus. It takes 30 minutes and there are buses every 10 minutes. It stops along the way, in Plaza España, Gran Via and finally in Plaza Catalunya. Personally, it's the option I prefer.

There is also the train, but it is true that most of the planes land at Terminal 1, so the bus is quicker.

You can also share taxis, maybe there are people arriving at aproximately the same time? A taxi into the city c
... See more
Hello,

In my opinion, the best way to reach town is the Airbus. It takes 30 minutes and there are buses every 10 minutes. It stops along the way, in Plaza España, Gran Via and finally in Plaza Catalunya. Personally, it's the option I prefer.

There is also the train, but it is true that most of the planes land at Terminal 1, so the bus is quicker.

You can also share taxis, maybe there are people arriving at aproximately the same time? A taxi into the city center can cost about 20-25 euros.

I hope you find the best option for everyone!

See you all at the Powwow on Friday or on Saturday!

Patricia
Collapse

Malgorzata (Maggie) Hickey
Malgorzata (Maggie) Hickey  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Polish
+ ...
Barcelona from Girona Airport Jun 6, 2012

Anybody knows what is the best/cheapest way to get to Barcelona from the Girona Airport? Maybe going from there as well on the 7th at ca. 1. pm? Will be obliged for any advice/company f.

Patricia de Gispert
Patricia de Gispert  Identity Verified
France
English to Spanish
+ ...
From Girona Jun 6, 2012

Dear Maggie,

Here you can find the link to the airport page where you will see the information about Ryanair buses. A bit expensive, but convenient (15€ one way, 25€ return):

http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Girona-Costa-Brava/en/Page/1237554455810/

Another option is to get
... See more
Dear Maggie,

Here you can find the link to the airport page where you will see the information about Ryanair buses. A bit expensive, but convenient (15€ one way, 25€ return):

http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Girona-Costa-Brava/en/Page/1237554455810/

Another option is to get the bus to Girona and from there get the train to Barcelona, a bit cheaper but longer (2.60€ one way/5€ return for the bus and 7.40€ to 9.90€ for the train, depending on the train you take). However, I cannot say if the airport bus takes you to the train station in Girona or if you have to walk and get another bus...

http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/horarios.html

I hope it helps. Maybe someone from Girona or who has arrived at the Girona airport before can tell you better.

See you on Saturday!

Patricia
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

ProZ.com 2012 international conference - Barcelona - Travel - airport to Barcelona

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »