Thread poster: mutarjem
mutarjem
mutarjem  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:26
English to Arabic
+ ...
Apr 23, 2012

Dear friends, old and new,

I hope you are all doing great. I wonder will there ever by a Powow on Friday before the conference starts? I am arriving on June 6th afternoon, so if any of you is coming a bit earlier like me, we can arrange a group and do sightseeing together. Please let us plan well in advance so that we have an excellent plan.

I hope to see you all soon and dont forget to join me in my workshop, as I promise you a lot of very useful information.
... See more
Dear friends, old and new,

I hope you are all doing great. I wonder will there ever by a Powow on Friday before the conference starts? I am arriving on June 6th afternoon, so if any of you is coming a bit earlier like me, we can arrange a group and do sightseeing together. Please let us plan well in advance so that we have an excellent plan.

I hope to see you all soon and dont forget to join me in my workshop, as I promise you a lot of very useful information.

I look forward to seeing you all.

Sam Ragab
[email protected]
My Skype ID is: arabiana

if you want to contact me directly to arrange our sightseeing schedules together.
Collapse

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
I'll be there :-) Apr 25, 2012

Ciao Sam!!
Looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks

I will be arriving on june 8th (morning) and leaving on June 12th (evening).

There are many wonderful things to see in Barcelona. My favourite:

Parc Güell
Barri Gòtic
Casa Batlló
Els quatre gats

I was thinking of going to Parc Güell on Friday 8th and leaving the rest for Monday and Tu
... See more
Ciao Sam!!
Looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks

I will be arriving on june 8th (morning) and leaving on June 12th (evening).

There are many wonderful things to see in Barcelona. My favourite:

Parc Güell
Barri Gòtic
Casa Batlló
Els quatre gats

I was thinking of going to Parc Güell on Friday 8th and leaving the rest for Monday and Tuesday.

However, if there are other plans for group sightseeing I will be more than happy to change my schedule!
Collapse

Manuela Junghans
Manuela Junghans  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Hi Sam, Hi Daniela May 2, 2012

I too look forward to seeing you again in Barcelona.

I´m also planning to arrive 06/07 June, depending on what flights I can get. So I would definitely be up for some pre-conference activities like sightseeing, powwow, etc.

On a different note, re the dinner on Saturday evening. I heard a few folks saying that, as this time the dinner isn´t included in the conference fee, they wouldn´t go, as they don´t consider it good value for money. I´m just repeating what I´v
... See more
I too look forward to seeing you again in Barcelona.

I´m also planning to arrive 06/07 June, depending on what flights I can get. So I would definitely be up for some pre-conference activities like sightseeing, powwow, etc.

On a different note, re the dinner on Saturday evening. I heard a few folks saying that, as this time the dinner isn´t included in the conference fee, they wouldn´t go, as they don´t consider it good value for money. I´m just repeating what I´ve heard. What are your thoughts on this? Have you signed up for the gala dinner yet?

See you in Barcelona very soon

Manuela
Collapse

mutarjem
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good to hear from you again May 2, 2012

Hey, glad you are coming Manuela,

I am also arriving on the 6th so we can really plan what we can do. Austria Khan is also arriving on the 6th. Let us make a plan and I am open for suggestions. I believe it is better if we all stick together and attend the Gala dinner as it would not make any sense if you have separate groups, as indeed it is the gathering that makes a real pleasure for all of us. Please contact me by email and let us take it from there.

Sam

Axelle Arbonnier
Axelle Arbonnier  Identity Verified
Belgium
German to French
+ ...
Friday afternoon May 3, 2012

Hi all, Hi Sam and Daniela,

I'm arriving around 12:00 on Friday, and I'd be interested to join you on Friday afternoon before the powwow, if any. Alternatively, I'd be also interested in visiting the Sagrada Familia on that day, as I'll have to leave on Monday morning already. I also plan to attend the Gala Dinner.

Looking forward to seeing you there,
Axelle

mutarjem
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great, more friends are joining in May 3, 2012

Hi Axelle,

Long time my friend, we missed you. Great news. Let us plan together what we can do inshallah.

All the best.

Sam

Sergei Tumanov
Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:26
English to Russian
+ ...
what can I say May 3, 2012

... I heard a few folks saying that, as this time the dinner isn´t included in the conference fee, they wouldn´t go, as they don´t consider it good value for money. I´m just repeating what I´ve heard. What are your thoughts on this? ...

I would say that translating is not banking

:0)

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:26
Italian to English
Me too May 3, 2012

As I'm arriving on Friday morning and leaving on Monday evening, I was hoping to do some sightseeing on Friday afternoon or Monday - or both, ideally with someone or people who are familiar with Barcelona (and that there would be a Powwow or similar on the Friday evening, as there usually is).

I know that with travel, accommodation and conference fees, these events are not exactly cheap, but I have to applaud the organisers for setting the costs at a very manageable level - and the
... See more
As I'm arriving on Friday morning and leaving on Monday evening, I was hoping to do some sightseeing on Friday afternoon or Monday - or both, ideally with someone or people who are familiar with Barcelona (and that there would be a Powwow or similar on the Friday evening, as there usually is).

I know that with travel, accommodation and conference fees, these events are not exactly cheap, but I have to applaud the organisers for setting the costs at a very manageable level - and the same applies to the gala dinner, so I shall certainly be giving it my support.
Collapse

Manuela Junghans
Manuela Junghans  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Good point May 4, 2012

Sergei and also thanks for your thoughts on the dinner, Russell.

I too think that once you decide to attend a conference, it´s pretty clear that it´s going to cost you money. But I think the benefits (and the fun) far outweigh the costs.

Manuela

Eva Kovacikova
Eva Kovacikova  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:26
Member (2009)
English to Slovak
+ ...
Sightseeing on Friday around 1 - 2pm May 4, 2012

Hello everyone,

I am reeeeeeally excited to be able to come to the conference (and certainly enjoying the gala with you all). Also as I am arriving at around 10am on Friday, I was hoping to do some sightseeing with the ones already present.

Please count me in. I am based somewhere in La Ramblas, so that would be an easy meeting point for me as I do not know Barcelona. I have been there once (24 hour trip) and fell in love with the city though, it was long time ago and a
... See more
Hello everyone,

I am reeeeeeally excited to be able to come to the conference (and certainly enjoying the gala with you all). Also as I am arriving at around 10am on Friday, I was hoping to do some sightseeing with the ones already present.

Please count me in. I am based somewhere in La Ramblas, so that would be an easy meeting point for me as I do not know Barcelona. I have been there once (24 hour trip) and fell in love with the city though, it was long time ago and also I did not manage to see much. So any kind of sightseeing would be great for me.

Thanks and see you soon.

Eva

My contact details: [email protected]
Twitter: Eva_Kovacikova
Mobile: 0044(0)7940419802

www.slovakiantranslations.co.uk
Collapse

mutarjem
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great May 4, 2012

Hi Eva,

That sounds great. I shall be there from the 6th of June, so let us have a detailed plan please so that I can visit places on the 6th and 7th, other than the ones that shall be included on Friday. I am open to suggestions and I believe we have to consult a colleague from Spain, or do our own research.

Keep me posted.

Sameh Ragab

email: [email protected]

... See more
Hi Eva,

That sounds great. I shall be there from the 6th of June, so let us have a detailed plan please so that I can visit places on the 6th and 7th, other than the ones that shall be included on Friday. I am open to suggestions and I believe we have to consult a colleague from Spain, or do our own research.

Keep me posted.

Sameh Ragab

email: [email protected]

All the best and hope to see you all soon.
Collapse

AllisonK (X)
AllisonK (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
+ ...
Friday May 5, 2012

Hi all,

I am arriving Thursday evening the 7th, and my only day to sightsee is Friday. I have reserved tickets (together with Paula Ribeiro, and possibly Austria Kann) to tour the Sagrada Familia from 10 - 11 in the morning on Friday, the 8th. If anyone else wants to do this, please go to the website and book your tickets online, it's easy and means you can avoid having to stand in line with the general public to get
... See more
Hi all,

I am arriving Thursday evening the 7th, and my only day to sightsee is Friday. I have reserved tickets (together with Paula Ribeiro, and possibly Austria Kann) to tour the Sagrada Familia from 10 - 11 in the morning on Friday, the 8th. If anyone else wants to do this, please go to the website and book your tickets online, it's easy and means you can avoid having to stand in line with the general public to get in.

http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/ and click the 'buy your tickets online' banner on the right side.

I would like to go to Parc Guell in the afternoon, which I went to for the last time in 1984, and was one of my favorite things in Barcelona.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing everyone!

Allison
Collapse

Nigel Saych
Nigel Saych  Identity Verified
Dutch to English
+ ...
Count me in May 8, 2012

I will also be arriving Thursday late afternoon so will be happy to join in the fun on Thursday evening and Friday. Have to leave Monday morning though. Good idea (Allison) to book the Sagrada Familia in advance, thanks for the tip. The last time I was in Barcelona a few years ago there were long queues to get in - and that was in December. Imagine what it will be like when it's finished!

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Count me in as well May 9, 2012

Hi folks

Not sure yet when I'll be arriving but if I get there early enough, count me in!

Will keep you posted,

Cheers,
Anne

Danielle Zorzin
Danielle Zorzin  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Member (2010)
Italian to English
+ ...
Count me in! May 14, 2012

Hi everyone!

I will be arriving on the 5th and I would like to be part of the Gathering and Sightseeing. I am also looking for someone to share the hotel.

Email: [email protected]

Cheers,

Danielle Zorzin

[Edited at 2012-05-14 15:09 GMT]

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Gathering and Siteseeings

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »