Sales Admin
Sales Admin

Local time: 13:33
English
TOPIC STARTER
Link to purchase Gala Dinner ticket for a guest. May 27, 2012

julianti wrote:

Hi Leslie,
I would like to buy a ticket for the gala dinner for a non-member, but I cannot click on it. Does it mean it is now only open for members?
Best regards,
Esther

Hi Ester -

Thanks so much for attending and supporting ProZ.com events. You can purchase an additional Gala Dinner ticket for your guest using the following link: http://www.proz.com/store/11594

If you have any other questions, please email [email protected]

Regards,

Leslie MacFadyen
ProZ.com site staff

Anna Aleshkina
Anna Aleshkina  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:33
Russian to English
+ ...
Thank you May 30, 2012

Dear Leslie,

Thank you very much for answering my question.

Best regards,
Anna

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:33
Italian to English
Gala Dinner - dress code? Jun 1, 2012

Dear Patricia or Leslie

It would be helpful if you could confirm whether there is any dress code for the Gala Dinner.
Two years ago, for the International conference in Ohrid, Macedonia , we discovered at the last minute that reasonably formal dress was expected (suit and tie, not dinner jacket / tuxedo).
I remember some comments in the forums, such as "Why would a freelance translator need to own a suit" etc. but most did in fact comply.

Since this looks
... See more
Dear Patricia or Leslie

It would be helpful if you could confirm whether there is any dress code for the Gala Dinner.
Two years ago, for the International conference in Ohrid, Macedonia , we discovered at the last minute that reasonably formal dress was expected (suit and tie, not dinner jacket / tuxedo).
I remember some comments in the forums, such as "Why would a freelance translator need to own a suit" etc. but most did in fact comply.

Since this looks more like a buffet dinner around a pool, I imagine it might be less formal.
Your advice would be appreciated.
Collapse

Patricia de Gispert
Patricia de Gispert  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
Casual dressing Jun 5, 2012

Dear Russell,

Thank you for your question. I had not thought about that.

You do not need to wear a suit at the gala dinner, and definitely not a tuxedo! You can come dressed in an informal/casual style. I mean, no bading suits or things too informal, just confortable.

Is that enough for you?

Thanks!

Patricia

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:33
Italian to English
What a relief! Jun 6, 2012

Thank you Patricia. I hoped that was the case.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

ProZ.com 2012 international conference - Barcelona - Social events

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »