United Kingdom
Local time: 18:17
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Feb 6, 2011

I am really glad that we have the program and price

However it may be worth pointing out that the website of the conference http://www.proz.com/conference/205
gives incorrect dates.

The conference is marked as lasting from 20th to 23rd May while in fact conference takes 2 days - opens on 21st and closes o
... See more
I am really glad that we have the program and price

However it may be worth pointing out that the website of the conference http://www.proz.com/conference/205
gives incorrect dates.

The conference is marked as lasting from 20th to 23rd May while in fact conference takes 2 days - opens on 21st and closes on 22nd.

I believe that it is quite important to people who are booking flights, accommodation, etc.

Best Regards
Stanislaw
Collapse

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:17
English to Italian
+ ...
conference dates will be amended Feb 6, 2011

Hello Stanislaw,
many thanks for pointing this out
The page will be edited as soon as possible.

The conference will take place on Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd May.
However, on Friday 20th and Monday 23rd some extra training activities might be set up, as it has been done with past conferences.

I look forward to meeting you and many other colleagues and friends...
See more
Hello Stanislaw,
many thanks for pointing this out
The page will be edited as soon as possible.

The conference will take place on Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd May.
However, on Friday 20th and Monday 23rd some extra training activities might be set up, as it has been done with past conferences.

I look forward to meeting you and many other colleagues and friends
Ciao,
Daniela
Collapse

Ivana Kahle
Ivana Kahle  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
German to Croatian
+ ...
Another unusal thing about dates Feb 7, 2011

Hello!
Has anyone tried to take advantage of the special discounted price?
There were 20 seats available at this special price. At the moment there are 9 seats left. I have tried to buy a seat at this special price but it turned out that the price is 355 US$ which is the exact amount of the early-bird price.
I have sent a support ticket and much to my surprise I got this answer:
"The early bird price is the discounted price."
Until now the early-bird price was alway
... See more
Hello!
Has anyone tried to take advantage of the special discounted price?
There were 20 seats available at this special price. At the moment there are 9 seats left. I have tried to buy a seat at this special price but it turned out that the price is 355 US$ which is the exact amount of the early-bird price.
I have sent a support ticket and much to my surprise I got this answer:
"The early bird price is the discounted price."
Until now the early-bird price was always limited to a certain date, not to a certain number of persons.
Has anyone actually bought a seat at discounted price?
If yes, please share your experience with the rest of us.
Thanks and see you in Rome,
Ivana.
Collapse

Daniela Zambrini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Early Bird Feb 7, 2011

Hello Ivana!
The early bird rate dedicated to members is not related to a deadline for purchase, but it is limited to an allotment of seats: initially 20, now 9 left, on a first come, first served basis- as indicated on the conference page.
This means 11 members have already confirmed attendace by purchasing their ticket at the earlybird discount price...
See more
Hello Ivana!
The early bird rate dedicated to members is not related to a deadline for purchase, but it is limited to an allotment of seats: initially 20, now 9 left, on a first come, first served basis- as indicated on the conference page.
This means 11 members have already confirmed attendace by purchasing their ticket at the earlybird discount price
Hope this helps to clarify,
I look forward to meeting you in Rome
Ciao
Daniela
Collapse

Ivana Kahle
Ivana Kahle  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
German to Croatian
+ ...
Thanks! Feb 7, 2011

I better hurry up
Un salutone,
Ivana.

Helena Diaz del Real
Helena Diaz del Real  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Not quite clear to me, sorry... Feb 16, 2011

The early bird rate dedicated to members is not related to a deadline for purchase, but it is limited to an allotment of seats:This means 11 members have already confirmed attendace by purchasing their ticket at the earlybird discount price

Hi Daniela,

there is something I do not quite understand and I would like you to clarify, if possible, these questions, please:

Does it mean that the early bird rate will be over as soon as the remaining (now) 6 places are bought?
Or is it, as usual, the early bird rate related to a date, let's say 30th. of march?

I do not quite understand what you meant. So I thank you in advance for clarifying this point.

My best regards,
Helena

Daniela Zambrini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
no date limit, limit is set by remaining seats Feb 16, 2011

Hello Helena!

For past conferences the early bird pricing was limited to a specfied date (purchase before DDMMYY)

For this conference the early bird pricing is limited to a specific amount of seats.
The first 20 seats were immediately sold, so by popular demand an extra allotment of 15 seats at the early bird pricing was added, totalling 35.

At present (11.10 UTC 16/02/11), there are only 6 seats at early bird pricing for members left (this means that
... See more
Hello Helena!

For past conferences the early bird pricing was limited to a specfied date (purchase before DDMMYY)

For this conference the early bird pricing is limited to a specific amount of seats.
The first 20 seats were immediately sold, so by popular demand an extra allotment of 15 seats at the early bird pricing was added, totalling 35.

At present (11.10 UTC 16/02/11), there are only 6 seats at early bird pricing for members left (this means that 29 have been already sold).

Once these 6 remaining seats are sold, regular pricing will be activated.

I hope this helps to clarify

Ciao,
D.
Collapse

Helena Diaz del Real
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Thank's / Really a good idea?????? Feb 16, 2011

Hi Daniela,
I thank you very much for clarifying this point.
Now I have no doubts about.

Without really willing to discuss, I think this idea, specially considering the hughe amount of people interested in attending the conference (over 500 by mid-February), is definetely not a good one.

This conference is, if I recall it right, the most expensive one among those having been held in Europe (May Steffen, Rebekka, Csaba, Pavel, Hristina, Jerzy and Lise/Norber
... See more
Hi Daniela,
I thank you very much for clarifying this point.
Now I have no doubts about.

Without really willing to discuss, I think this idea, specially considering the hughe amount of people interested in attending the conference (over 500 by mid-February), is definetely not a good one.

This conference is, if I recall it right, the most expensive one among those having been held in Europe (May Steffen, Rebekka, Csaba, Pavel, Hristina, Jerzy and Lise/Norbert correct me if I am wrong). And early bird will only be offered at roughly only 6% of the participants? I can't quite follow the reason why. As over 300 € for a conference, at early bird rate is not trifle!

This is only my own mind

Kind regards,
Helena
Collapse

Irene Bassal
Irene Bassal
English to German
+ ...
dfiscounted price Feb 16, 2011

Ivana Kahle wrote:
Has anyone actually bought a seat at discounted price?
If yes, please share your experience with the rest of us.
Thanks and see you in Rome,
Ivana.

Hello Ivana
I just tried to get an early bird conference pass. It says that there is 5 left. I tried to "buy" it but it did not work. The only button that works is the button for non-members discounted price.

Your cluelessly

Irene

Daniela Zambrini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
conference pricing is within standard range Feb 16, 2011

Helena Diaz del Real wrote:

This conference is, if I recall it right, the most expensive one among those having been held in Europe (May Steffen, Rebekka, Csaba, Pavel, Hristina, Jerzy and Lise/Norbert correct me if I am wrong). And early bird will only be offered at roughly only 6% of the participants? I can't quite follow the reason why.

Dear Helena,

thanks for sharing your thoughts However, please take these details into consideration:

- the Conference offers 3 lecture rooms with parallel sessions for 2 days (over 20 sessions to chose from)
- attendance costs for events is directly tied in to the cost associated with holding a conference in each specific city, and May in Rome is medium-high season
- the pricing from Prague (last year) was as follows: EB Members: €250, EB Non-members: €265, Reg Members: €270, Reg Non-members: €285, so all things considered I wouldn'd consider the pricing as out of range
- the amount of people registered for the event on the conference page is not a realistic projection of the number of people who actually confirm their interest and end up paying and attending the event. An estimate approximately of 150 attendees has been used for budget calculations, so 35 discount seats available is equal to 23% of the total attendees.

In any case, there are now 4 Early Bird discount seats for members left, don't miss this opportunity

Ciao!
Daniela

Helena Diaz del Real
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
The point is not the price! Feb 16, 2011

Hello Daniela,

thank you for your comments, too!

My concerns were not about the price itself for the conference at all!.

I have never organized any conference but I can easily imagine how much work is envolved in doing it. On the other hand, as an example, I am pretty sure it is not the same to expect 50 attendees than 500. And some cities are more likely to offer better venues (in terms of capacity, logistics, infrastructure, accomodation, facilities, etc.
... See more
Hello Daniela,

thank you for your comments, too!

My concerns were not about the price itself for the conference at all!.

I have never organized any conference but I can easily imagine how much work is envolved in doing it. On the other hand, as an example, I am pretty sure it is not the same to expect 50 attendees than 500. And some cities are more likely to offer better venues (in terms of capacity, logistics, infrastructure, accomodation, facilities, etc...) than others. And simply because some cities are more expensive than others for such events.
This are all facts to be considered for the price, so I do not complain at all about it.

What I can't understand is the new policy on early bird rates. This was my comment about. I can't understand why now, all of a sudden, the early bird isn't now a matter of time, in terms of calender days -as always, but just a "something strange thing" that benefits a very few people who 3 months in advance know they are definetely going to attend the conference and are now able to afford it right away. And all this on first come -first serve basis. In my opinion, this is a quite aggresive policy for such an event.

I am quite sure, this new policy makes posible attendees scared, as saying: "Is it fair to have to pay a higher price only because I was not one of the first 30 people, among 500 possible, to pay the fees?" 300 EUR, as I said before, are not really a trifle!

I definetely think this is not a good idea.

I hope you understand what I mean. I repeat: It is not a matter of how much does the conference cost, but about the new policy on benefiting just a very little bunch of people.

Ciao,
Helena
Collapse

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:17
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Isn't it better to leave it to organizers? Feb 16, 2011

After all they are responsible for the success of the conference and should be free to adopt such pricing policy as they see fit. I am sure that if there are not enough participants we may expect tempting "last minute" offers.

The difference between regular price and early bird discount is just 15 EUR - I guess it's pretty much equivalent of a glass of wine and slice of pizza in Rome - hardly something to make fuss about...
See more
After all they are responsible for the success of the conference and should be free to adopt such pricing policy as they see fit. I am sure that if there are not enough participants we may expect tempting "last minute" offers.

The difference between regular price and early bird discount is just 15 EUR - I guess it's pretty much equivalent of a glass of wine and slice of pizza in Rome - hardly something to make fuss about

Cheers
Stanislaw
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Rome Conference - wrong dates on the conference page

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »