Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:35
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
availability Hotel dei Congressi - Updated April 17th Apr 17, 2011

Total rooms remanining (update April 17th 2011) 14 rooms left (further rooms are available but not guaranteed after April 18th).

Remember to use the keyword "ProZ.com" when making your reservations.

Unfortunately, there have been a couple of misunderstandings with the hotel staff on duty as for remaining available rooms.
The Hotel dei Congressi manager has apologised and instructed his staff to verify the ProZ.com allotment before replying to reservation
... See more
Total rooms remanining (update April 17th 2011) 14 rooms left (further rooms are available but not guaranteed after April 18th).

Remember to use the keyword "ProZ.com" when making your reservations.

Unfortunately, there have been a couple of misunderstandings with the hotel staff on duty as for remaining available rooms.
The Hotel dei Congressi manager has apologised and instructed his staff to verify the ProZ.com allotment before replying to reservation enquiries.

Ciao,
Daniela
Collapse

Claudia Schreiner
Claudia Schreiner  Identity Verified
Austria
English to German
+ ...
Hotel dei Congressi Apr 18, 2011

Unfortunately this is true. I asked about 2 weeks ago by e-mail, then I phoned, and the staff was quite unpolite. I emphasized that there should still be a certain allotment for ProZ, but they said no. A friend of mine asked 2 days later with the same result...

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you all in Rome!
Claudia

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
Too late now... Apr 18, 2011

... but I didn't know the Gala dinner was included in the price - I had no intention of going, as I live in Rome. I now have the choice of not going and wasting an expensive meal I've already paid for, going on my own or having to fork out even more for my husband to come too.

In future it would be better to make this an optional extra, as is normal at most conferences in my experience.

Daniela Zambrini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gala Dinner included Apr 18, 2011

Hello Marie-Hélène,

many thanks for confirming your interest in the 1st ProZ.com Europe International Conference

All 2 day packages (except for student packages) include 2 coffee breaks and one lunch per day during the conference, and the gala dinner on Saturday evening.

This information was uploaded on the conference page at the beginning of February as soon as the pricing options were pub
... See more
Hello Marie-Hélène,

many thanks for confirming your interest in the 1st ProZ.com Europe International Conference

All 2 day packages (except for student packages) include 2 coffee breaks and one lunch per day during the conference, and the gala dinner on Saturday evening.

This information was uploaded on the conference page at the beginning of February as soon as the pricing options were published, and included in all messages sent through the mailing list.

I am not sure about past conferences, as I have only attended one other ProZ.com conference, before, the one in Prague last year (the gala dinner, on a cruise boat along the river - was included in the package).

The Gala Dinner in Rome will be held in a beautiful location, with a full course menu, drinks included.
It will also be a wonderful occasion to network with colleagues after the first conference day is over.

I look forward to you being there

ciao

Daniela
Collapse

Daniela Zambrini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
allotment deadline extended until May 2nd Apr 26, 2011

Dear All,
the Hotel dei Congressi has extended the deadline for the allotment of rooms available at a special price for conference attendees.

At present there are still 11 rooms available.
These rooms will be kept for ProZ.com conference attendees until May 2nd 2011.

Please remember to use the keyword "ProZ.com" when making your reservation.

Looking forward to meeting you all in afew weeks,
ciao
Daniela

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Rome conference 2011: accommodation

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »