Anyone stayed in the listed hotels in Rom?
Thread poster: Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:48
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Jan 10, 2011

I have viewed the reviews on Tripadvisor and now I have a real problem, because of so many differences. Although the majority of the reviews is good, some are so bad, that I do not really trust my eyes.
The hotels would be:
All Time Relais & Sport Hotel
Cristoforo Colombo Hotel
Eur Suite Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Roma West

Or could someone recommend a 4* hotel in the city?
Thanks a bunch
Best regards
Jerzy

Witam Pana Jan 11, 2011

I've stayed in Eur Suite Hotel last year and it's a great hotel for business conferences (a good, but small conference center), meetings, etc.

Don't know much about the other three, but I suggest looking them up at momoway.com/hotels/ - they have many reviews, a user rating with a point average and provide some feedback on listed hotels.

Helena Diaz del Real
Helena Diaz del Real  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Just a suggestion Jan 11, 2011

Hi Jerzy,

Jerzy Czopik wrote:
Or could someone recommend a 4* hotel in the city?

As it was very, very long ago last time I was in Rome, I cannot really recommend any hotel and I definetely do not know any of the hotels you mention. BUT: As I was searching for a place for me, I thought this could be a good hotel in the upper class. So you may like it:

http://www.tripadvisor.de/Hotel_Review-g187791-d601432-Reviews-Portrait_Suites-Rome_Lazio.html

However, I am not going to be there.

Have a gorgeous year, Jerzy!
Helena

carla melis
carla melis
English to Italian
Cristoforo Colombo Jan 11, 2011

Hi Jerzy,

last February I stayed at the Cristoforo Colombo for two days (one night). I had a double room, no too big but comfortable and clean. I think the other people in my group had nothing to complain about as well. The hotel consists of more than one building, with the reception and the restaurant in the main one. They served us a very rich breakfast, with many different hot/cold drinks and all kinds of sweet and salty food, including fruit. We did not have lunch or supper the
... See more
Hi Jerzy,

last February I stayed at the Cristoforo Colombo for two days (one night). I had a double room, no too big but comfortable and clean. I think the other people in my group had nothing to complain about as well. The hotel consists of more than one building, with the reception and the restaurant in the main one. They served us a very rich breakfast, with many different hot/cold drinks and all kinds of sweet and salty food, including fruit. We did not have lunch or supper there so I cannot comment on that.
The hotel is right on the Viale C. Colombo (many bus routes) and at walking distance from a huge mall...

HTH

Carla
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanky a bunch Jan 11, 2011

@Helena: thank you for the pick, but unfortunately the lotto win is not yet here...
@Carla: this is good news, as this hotel would be my preffered choice due to a good location and not so far from the conference venue.

Helena Diaz del Real
Helena Diaz del Real  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Let me explain you how do I... Jan 12, 2011

Hi dear Jerzy,

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

@Helena: thank you for the pick, but unfortunately the lotto win is not yet here...

Well as you stated you want an hotel with 4 stars, I thought money is not really a question for you... So, sorry!

Please let me explain you how do I chose my accomodation when I visit a city. Doing so, I have never been disappointed so far...

Most important is doing it well in advance (at least three months prior to the event). Then I check at least at 3 web pages (tripadvisor.com; hrs.de and the city's own page: turismoroma.it , in that case). Then I set the criteria, that for me is more important on the searching maschines (stars/category of the hotels, best upon reviews, Price,...) at the page itself and I start them. And finally, I compare the results in the three pages.

I hope this is a good idea for you and it helps you searching. If I knew your own criteria related to location, price and dates, I would happily help you searching. So please let me know that if you want me to help you!

My best wishes,
Helena

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Helena: this is exactly my problem Jan 12, 2011

because I checked the reviews on various pages. Would be nothing wrong, if not some people have writen completly different reviews as the others. While some are completly satisfied the dissatisfied ones bring arguments, which make me reluctant.
So the review of the Cristofore Colombo by Carla is what I really needed.

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:48
French to English
+ ...
Walking distance Mar 3, 2011

Hi Jerzy,

The Hotel Cristofore Columbo looks great. The maps aren't particularly clear but it looks as though it's in walking distance of the conference hotel - did you manage to establish how far it is? I'm looking at accommodation and travel at the moment and don't know Rome at al so any guidance would be very welcome.

Thanks

Claire

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
distance between Colombo/Congressi Hotels Mar 3, 2011

hello Claire
distance between these two Hotels is 2.1 Km

I have added further iformation on bus routes on the Accommodation forum http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_international_conferences/191377-rome_conference_2011:_accommodation.html

Looking forward to meeting you...
See more
hello Claire
distance between these two Hotels is 2.1 Km

I have added further iformation on bus routes on the Accommodation forum http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_international_conferences/191377-rome_conference_2011:_accommodation.html

Looking forward to meeting you
Ciao, D.
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Didn't check that anymore Mar 3, 2011

and most probably will not check also in the near future.
For the time being my participation in the conference is canceled.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Anyone stayed in the listed hotels in Rom?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »