Maria Amorim (X)
Maria Amorim (X)  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 10:50
Swedish to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 1, 2010

One must say that once...
It was really incredible and good this Conference even if one sometimes gets lost- not in translation- but in so many chats and interesting forums. Great possibilities, new ideas and aspirations, meeting people, the sense of being a community, not being a “mônada”, an isolated parcel in the island of translation.
I have solved many things after the Conference that, I guess, was still going on. First of all I asked the potential publisher of my book,
... See more
One must say that once...
It was really incredible and good this Conference even if one sometimes gets lost- not in translation- but in so many chats and interesting forums. Great possibilities, new ideas and aspirations, meeting people, the sense of being a community, not being a “mônada”, an isolated parcel in the island of translation.
I have solved many things after the Conference that, I guess, was still going on. First of all I asked the potential publisher of my book, why he/she hadn´t answer yet, second I dare to write to the publisher why I should translate the book I am already translating , in the meantime I reviewed my CV to send to some new agency...
Small and great things that needs the breath and courageous of the new, fresh air, like opening the window to the morning sun. .
This is essentially the result and meaning of being together, to trust each other, to feel stimulated and have a sense of community. This is the basic rule and need of any society: to trust each other ( in a world where people tend to be more and more individualistic)
We are so many and so different that I really wonder how this Proz could be created and successfully could continue .It it is an art.... like the art of translation!
Parabéns Proz ! Congratulations Proz team!
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thanks Maria! Oct 1, 2010

Your kind and encouraging words are really appreciated.

Hope to see in you in future virtual events!

Kind regards,

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Greatest congratulations to the Proz team

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »