Eleni Makantani
Eleni Makantani
Greece
Local time: 22:45
English to Greek
+ ...
Mar 13, 2008

Hello,

For various reasons I have chosen to create my site using the proz.com site creator. However, I thought the number of webpages it allowed were insufficient, so I decided to upgrade to the advanced hosting package, paying an extra fee. I expected that after upgrading, the site creator would give me the chance to create more pages and to add subdomains. Imagine my disappointment when, after purchasing the upgrade, I found out that I wasn't offered any extra choices, more than t
... See more
Hello,

For various reasons I have chosen to create my site using the proz.com site creator. However, I thought the number of webpages it allowed were insufficient, so I decided to upgrade to the advanced hosting package, paying an extra fee. I expected that after upgrading, the site creator would give me the chance to create more pages and to add subdomains. Imagine my disappointment when, after purchasing the upgrade, I found out that I wasn't offered any extra choices, more than those that the basic, free package offered me. So the question is:

Fine, I purchased the advanced package. What do I do next? How can I make it work?

If you have any relevant experience, or if you know how this thing works, please help me!

Thanks in advance!

Helen
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 22:45
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
You can create files yourself Mar 13, 2008

The advanced hosting has other advantages.
You can create your additional files and upload them. You better study the subject, there are lots of guides on the net. Of course you can also seek professional help.
Regards
Heinrich

Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:45
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Parking domains Mar 17, 2008

Hi Eleni,

You can also use the advanced hosting service to "park" several domain names onto your website. For example, you can purchase several additional domain names and link them to your website hosted by Proz.
My site hosted through Proz is www.TampaTranslations.com
However, I also have the followed sites "parked" or linked t
... See more
Hi Eleni,

You can also use the advanced hosting service to "park" several domain names onto your website. For example, you can purchase several additional domain names and link them to your website hosted by Proz.
My site hosted through Proz is www.TampaTranslations.com
However, I also have the followed sites "parked" or linked to this one:
www.TampaLegalTranslations.com
www.TampaLegalTranslation.com
www.TampaLegalTranslator.com
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proz.com site creator and advanced hosting package

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »