PHP disabled?!? (staff: 'remote URL includes disabled on hosting server')
Thread poster: Hander Heim
Hander Heim
Hander Heim  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 16:41
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 11, 2007

Hi all,

My site (www.bravotranslations.com) was up and running well, and all of a sudden, when I tried to enter the site again, it gives me many warnings regarding PHP configuration.

I wonder if that has been disabled somehow... How do I fix this? And why did this happen?

I appreciate your quick help on this. It's been 2 days already.

Thanks,

... See more
Hi all,

My site (www.bravotranslations.com) was up and running well, and all of a sudden, when I tried to enter the site again, it gives me many warnings regarding PHP configuration.

I wonder if that has been disabled somehow... How do I fix this? And why did this happen?

I appreciate your quick help on this. It's been 2 days already.

Thanks,

- Hander.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-04-11 19:40]
Collapse

Andrew
Andrew
United States
English
Hosting PHP security tightened Apr 11, 2007

Hi Hander,

We've disabled a very insecure feature of PHP which allowed functions such as require(), include() and include_once() to accept a URL.

We've looked at your specific site and noticed that while you are using an include, the argument you supply can be change to the relative path. This will cause your site to behave normally once again.

For example, in your case you'd replace your
include "http://www.bravotranslations.com/includes-pt/cabe
... See more
Hi Hander,

We've disabled a very insecure feature of PHP which allowed functions such as require(), include() and include_once() to accept a URL.

We've looked at your specific site and noticed that while you are using an include, the argument you supply can be change to the relative path. This will cause your site to behave normally once again.

For example, in your case you'd replace your
include "http://www.bravotranslations.com/includes-pt/cabecalho.php";
with
include "/includes-pt/cabecalho.php";

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Andrew Willis
ProZ.com Site Staff
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PHP disabled?!? (staff: 'remote URL includes disabled on hosting server')

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »