DNS servers?
Thread poster: beirenbo
beirenbo
beirenbo  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:44
Feb 17, 2007

I set up my website a few days ago, but am still not able to see it online. It just says that url is not found. After submitting a support ticket with Proz, I was told that the DNS servers were down and I'd be able to see it within the next 12 hours. That was well over 12 hours ago. Anyone else having the same problem. Anything I can do on my end to fix it? Thanks.

Patricia Rosas
Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:44
Spanish to English
+ ...
In memoriam
submit another ticket Feb 17, 2007

Aaron,
Welcome to ProZ! I vaguely remember that it took several days for my web site to be visible, but at the moment, I don't recall why that happened. Right now, I can see my web site, but there are several different servers, so perhaps the one hosting your yours is down.

But you shouldn't hesitate to submit another ticket (although being the weekend, the response time may be a bit longer than usual).
Patricia

franksf
franksf
Chinese to English
What is the URL, please? Feb 17, 2007

Hi Aaron. Could you provide the URL?

beirenbo
TOPIC STARTER
aaronbray.com Feb 17, 2007

www.aaronbray.com

Pretty easy to remember, for me anyway.

franksf
franksf
Chinese to English
I sent you a message thru proz Feb 17, 2007

Aaron Bray wrote:

www.aaronbray.com

Pretty easy to remember, for me anyway.

Looks like in progress ...

ahmadwadan.com
ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 08:44
English to Arabic
+ ...
IP Feb 18, 2007

Are you able to visit your site via typing its IP address instead of domain name?

Kind regards

Ahmed Wadan
English-Arabic Financial Translator

beirenbo
TOPIC STARTER
Where can I find that? Feb 18, 2007

Where can I find the IP address. That was not given to me when I signed up, or if it was, I'm not sure where to find it. Thanks.

ahmadwadan.com
ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 08:44
English to Arabic
+ ...
Hosting Company Feb 18, 2007

Aaron Bray wrote:

Where can I find the IP address. That was not given to me when I signed up, or if it was, I'm not sure where to find it. Thanks.

You can request the same from the hosting company.

I performed a "ping" command using your domain name to get your IP address but "ping" could not find the host. I think that your your DNS is not resolved yet to a specific IP. My recommendation is to request your domain IP address from the hosting company.

Regards

Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 13:44
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Old DNS server Feb 19, 2007

Hi Aaron,

Glad to know you really set up a website. I had the same problem too last month when I set up mine. Justin said it might be due to an old DNS server, and he asked me to wait 24 hours. I don't remember how long it took, but I had the website up real soon after that. I hope yours is taking a while because it is weekend.

Looking forward to checking out your website......
See more
Hi Aaron,

Glad to know you really set up a website. I had the same problem too last month when I set up mine. Justin said it might be due to an old DNS server, and he asked me to wait 24 hours. I don't remember how long it took, but I had the website up real soon after that. I hope yours is taking a while because it is weekend.

Looking forward to checking out your website...

Denyce
Collapse

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 01:44
English
Aaron's site is now up Feb 19, 2007

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't see this thread until this morning.

The problem with Aaron's site was that he had the primary and secondary nameservers switched around (NS2.HOST.PROZ.COM as the primary, and NS1.HOST.PROZ.COM as the secondary). The nameservers needed to be the other way around, with NS1 as the primary, and NS2 as the secondary. This was the technical reason why his site was not pulling up.

I switched these around for you Aaro
... See more
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't see this thread until this morning.

The problem with Aaron's site was that he had the primary and secondary nameservers switched around (NS2.HOST.PROZ.COM as the primary, and NS1.HOST.PROZ.COM as the secondary). The nameservers needed to be the other way around, with NS1 as the primary, and NS2 as the secondary. This was the technical reason why his site was not pulling up.

I switched these around for you Aaron, which is what we were waiting on to update. Your site should now be up and running.

Best regards,
Justin
Collapse

Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 13:44
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Website not up yet Feb 19, 2007

Nope, Aaron... I still can't see it.

Denyce

beirenbo
TOPIC STARTER
I can't see it either Feb 20, 2007

Yes, I can't see it either. Please help, Justin.

ksbtranslation
ksbtranslation  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 12:44
Indonesian to English
+ ...
Primary and secondary nameservers have switched around Mar 4, 2007

justin wrote:

Dear Justin,

I have the same problem. Our domain (ksbtranslation.com)is registered in Netfirms.com. I tried to switch them several times but NS2.HOST.PROZ.COM always came before NS1.HOST.PROZ.COM.

Can you help me solve this problem?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Iwan
KSBTranslation.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DNS servers?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »