Haven't been receiving email on my Proz webmail... (staff: account full?)
Thread poster: Nesrin
Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:49
English to Arabic
+ ...
Dec 19, 2006

I haven't been receiving email on my Proz webmail for over 15 hours, and I submitted a ticket, but haven't received a response...
(ticket: 37448). I do hope someone can help me urgently as these are very crucial couple of days before the Xmas break!
Sorry to be posting this on the forum, but I needed to make sure someone hears me!

Thanks in advance,
Nesrin

Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
in bed Dec 19, 2006

I think the staff are mostly on the other side of the Atlantic (in the US and Argentina) so will still be in bed...

This keeps happening to me, and it's simply because my account is full. Perhaps this will help you?

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 00:49
SITE FOUNDER
Account being full is the most common reason... Dec 19, 2006

... but Justin will be in in a few hours and I will have him address your support ticket first thing when he gets in.

Nesrin
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Angela! Dec 19, 2006

That's probably it (them being on the other side of the Atlantic I mean). I don't believe my email is full though, cause Proz has only been my host for a month. Unless I've been receiving really big messages without noticing. I don't even know what my quota is, silly me.

Nesrin
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Henry! Dec 19, 2006

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Haven't been receiving email on my Proz webmail... (staff: account full?) Dec 19, 2006

yes, probably full of spam... see this thread:

http://www.proz.com/topic/61904

Giovanni

Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
sadly... Dec 19, 2006

I would think it's entirely possible your account could fill with spam in one month. Look at the messages that come in - many spams these days are in the form of images, which can be very big files.

100MB isn't much storage space these days.

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 00:49
English
Account was over quota, which was why your mail was being backed up Dec 19, 2006

Hi Nesrin,

As I explained in your ticket, your account was over it's disk quota, which is why your email was being backed up.

I am going to be implementing a system to notify users when their account nears their disk quota as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Justin

Nesrin
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Justin! Dec 19, 2006

justin wrote:

Hi Nesrin,

As I explained in your ticket, your account was over it's disk quota, which is why your email was being backed up.

I am going to be implementing a system to notify users when their account nears their disk quota as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Justin

Thank you for that, and yes, a notification system would be great!

Regards,

Nesrin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Haven't been receiving email on my Proz webmail... (staff: account full?)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »