Krys Williams  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:54
Member (2003)
Polish to English
+ ...
Sep 25, 2006

Hello.

I wonder if anyone can explain what might be happening. On Friday night, about midnight GMT, I activated free hosting on Proz and signed up for a .org domain. I received a confirmatory email from Proz. However, the link I was given to the domain still does not work. Moreover, if I search for this domain with another registration site, it comes up as still being available for purchase. The email fromProz said the process might take up to 36 hours. It is well over that time no
... See more
Hello.

I wonder if anyone can explain what might be happening. On Friday night, about midnight GMT, I activated free hosting on Proz and signed up for a .org domain. I received a confirmatory email from Proz. However, the link I was given to the domain still does not work. Moreover, if I search for this domain with another registration site, it comes up as still being available for purchase. The email fromProz said the process might take up to 36 hours. It is well over that time now. I opened a support ticket here about the issue, but have not received a reply.
Collapse

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 01:54
English
We have not received payment for your domain yet Sep 25, 2006

Hi Krys!

I just looked at your hosting account, and it looks like we have not received your payment for your domain as of yet (it is 10 $/E for a .com, .net, or .org domain, as explained here). After we receive your payment, your domain should be automatically registered. I will send the URL to complete your purchase via email.

...and thanks for supporting the
... See more
Hi Krys!

I just looked at your hosting account, and it looks like we have not received your payment for your domain as of yet (it is 10 $/E for a .com, .net, or .org domain, as explained here). After we receive your payment, your domain should be automatically registered. I will send the URL to complete your purchase via email.

...and thanks for supporting the site!

Best regards,
Justin
Collapse

Krys Williams
Krys Williams  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:54
Member (2003)
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
strange glitch Sep 25, 2006

Thanks Justin

I've already emailed you, but am repeating here for the sake of informing anyone who might pick up on the thread. When I registered the domain, I got a confirmatory email from Proz, but no demand for payment! I was a bit surprised, but assumed that probably the demand would come when everything had been finalised. You emailed me a link through which I could pay. I did so, and now everything is OK.

Leonardo Musumeci
Leonardo Musumeci  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:54
English to Italian
+ ...
The same thing happened to me Sep 30, 2006

Krys Williams wrote:

Hello.

I wonder if anyone can explain what might be happening. On Friday night, about midnight GMT, I activated free hosting on Proz and signed up for a .org domain. I received a confirmatory email from Proz. However, the link I was given to the domain still does not work. Moreover, if I search for this domain with another registration site, it comes up as still being available for purchase. The email fromProz said the process might take up to 36 hours. It is well over that time now. I opened a support ticket here about the issue, but have not received a reply.

On September 25, I activated free hosting and signed up for a .net domain. I received a confirmatory email from Proz but the link to the domain still does not work.

Should I open a support ticket, or could you please help me in some way?

Regards Leonardo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

domain not appearing

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »