Thread poster: Anjo Sterringa
Anjo Sterringa
Anjo Sterringa  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:19
English to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 20, 2006

Today I updated my website with the new contact page. After updating, the pictures have disappeared - help!
They must be stored somewhere else now or something.

http://www.your-translation.eu

Anjo Sterringa
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No luck yet Aug 22, 2006

I wrote to Justin, who must be on holiday because I received no reply yet.
I tried going back to the site creator, and edited a few of the pages, checked that the photos appeared as they should.
I re-published - nothing. No photos.

Aaaargh! Help!

Anjo

Antoinette Verburg
Antoinette Verburg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Same here Aug 28, 2006

The same thing happened to me yesterday....

Anjo Sterringa
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More than a week without reply... Aug 28, 2006

This has been going on for a whole week now - no reply!
Did you send a support ticket to Justin?

It must be something very simple as the directory of where the photos are stored. The strange thing is that they appear ok on the site creator

HELP!

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 01:19
English
Dwayne will be getting to you shortly Aug 28, 2006

Hi Anjo,

Please accept my apology for the late reply, the entire ProZ.com staff has been at work at the ProZ.com conference in Buenos Aires, Argentina (www.proz.com/conference/5).

My co-worker, Dwayne, is the SiteCreator programmer, I have notified him of this issue, and he will help you guys out as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience, and understand
... See more
Hi Anjo,

Please accept my apology for the late reply, the entire ProZ.com staff has been at work at the ProZ.com conference in Buenos Aires, Argentina (www.proz.com/conference/5).

My co-worker, Dwayne, is the SiteCreator programmer, I have notified him of this issue, and he will help you guys out as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience, and understanding!

Best regards,
Justin
Collapse

Anjo Sterringa
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Aug 28, 2006

for your reply - we now know we are not forgotten. Next time, just a small announcement in this forum or somewhere else would help us understand even better.
'Hablando se entiende la gente', as we say here.

Anjo Sterringa
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Where is Dwayne?? Sep 5, 2006

More than a week passed since the solution was offered: Dwayne will do it. But - nobody contacted me and my URL still has NO PICTURES!!!

Help!

Anjo

Anna Quail
Anna Quail  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
Try updating your site Sep 5, 2006

Hi Anjo.

The same thing happened to me on 28th August. I sent a support ticket and was told Dwayne would look into it. I had no further reply for a few days, so I asked again. On 2nd September Dwayne replied that the photos had been fixed, so I went to have a look and there were still no pictures. I asked if I needed to update my site. Dwayne replied almost immediately and said yes, so I did and now everything is fine.

Let us know how it goes...
See more
Hi Anjo.

The same thing happened to me on 28th August. I sent a support ticket and was told Dwayne would look into it. I had no further reply for a few days, so I asked again. On 2nd September Dwayne replied that the photos had been fixed, so I went to have a look and there were still no pictures. I asked if I needed to update my site. Dwayne replied almost immediately and said yes, so I did and now everything is fine.

Let us know how it goes

Flo
Collapse

Anjo Sterringa
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
YESSS! Finally! Sep 5, 2006

Thank you so much for your reply!!!

This time updating actually DID the trick. My books are back, the watermakers are back, I am back,

How did you get hold of this Dwayne? Just by going to the support page? Just to speed things up for the next time: "Don't call us, we'll call you"...

Anjo

Anna Quail
Anna Quail  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
Good! Sep 6, 2006

Hi Anjo

Yes, I took the classic route and submitted a support ticket (Support - top right-hand corner). If you didn't actually submit a ticket, Dwayne probably didn't know you had a problem. We weren't the only ones, so I suppose he had a lot of tickets to answer. The reason our pictures disappeared was that we updated our websites after they upgraded to their new hosting server.
It took some time to sort out, understandably, but as you said earlier, an announcement on the f
... See more
Hi Anjo

Yes, I took the classic route and submitted a support ticket (Support - top right-hand corner). If you didn't actually submit a ticket, Dwayne probably didn't know you had a problem. We weren't the only ones, so I suppose he had a lot of tickets to answer. The reason our pictures disappeared was that we updated our websites after they upgraded to their new hosting server.
It took some time to sort out, understandably, but as you said earlier, an announcement on the forum would have helped. Had we been informed, I could have waited until the problem was solved before updating my site. It looked very unprofessional with little squares instead of photos

Flo
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Site creator: pictures disappeared

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »