Francesca moletta
Italy
Local time: 03:57
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 23, 2006

Hi all,

I'm not receiving emails!

A client told me she got the "mailbox is full" message and couldn't send me her email!

My mailbox is not full!!!

Moreover, is there any mean to see how many email I didn't receive because of this problem??

In the last weeks I've used this email adress to market my services! I'm just wondering how many job opportunities I've lost because of this technical problem...

Anybody can help?... See more
Hi all,

I'm not receiving emails!

A client told me she got the "mailbox is full" message and couldn't send me her email!

My mailbox is not full!!!

Moreover, is there any mean to see how many email I didn't receive because of this problem??

In the last weeks I've used this email adress to market my services! I'm just wondering how many job opportunities I've lost because of this technical problem...

Anybody can help?

Thanks

[Edited at 2006-06-23 08:29]
Collapse

Monika Jakacka Márquez
Monika Jakacka Márquez  Identity Verified
Spain
Polish to Spanish
+ ...

contact with the administrator Jun 23, 2006

I suggest you to contact the administrator of your mail server and ask him for help

M.

Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Monika Jun 23, 2006

I guess the administrator is proz...

I already submitted a support ticket. I hope that can help!

bye

Florence Bremond
Florence Bremond  Identity Verified
France
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
Have you tried checking your email using the webmail feature? Jun 23, 2006

In case your email client (= your software, here) would be set to "leave on the server", your mailbox could be full while nothing new would appear in your inbox.
This option is mostly used for laptops (because you may want to retrieve the mail from your desktop too afterwards) - but if incorrectly set it can lead to full mailboxes.

Have you also tried sending an email to yourself? Does it go through?

... See more
In case your email client (= your software, here) would be set to "leave on the server", your mailbox could be full while nothing new would appear in your inbox.
This option is mostly used for laptops (because you may want to retrieve the mail from your desktop too afterwards) - but if incorrectly set it can lead to full mailboxes.

Another thing - how large was your client's email? Were it one of these big 60Mb pdf-s......try yousendit .com instead.

Florence

[Edited at 2006-06-23 09:05]
Collapse

Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Florence Jun 23, 2006

Oddie wrote:

In case your email client (= your software, here would be set to "leave on the server", your mailbox could be full while nothing new would appear in your inbox.

Another thing - how large was your client's email? Were it one of these big 60Mb pdf-s......try yousendit .com instead.

Florence

[Edited at 2006-06-23 09:04]

I've checked my webmail and my inbox is empty. I configured my OE program to download email sent to my @myscripta.com adress. I tried to sent an email to myself and I actually got the "mailbox full" bounce message.

My client's email had no attachment, so...

I'm wondering how many emails I've lost!!!

Thanks for your help

Francesca

Adam Podstawczynski (X)
Adam Podstawczynski (X)  Identity Verified
Polish to English
+ ...
Check _better_ with the Web mail Jun 23, 2006

Hi Francesca,

Have you actually checked it well with the Web mail feature? When you use Horde, for example, the first page it shows in my account is actually ALWAYS an empty mailbox.

To see the actual messages, you need to go deeper down the tree branches visible on the left hand side. Your "inbox" should be somewhere in there.

Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Adam Jun 23, 2006

Adam Podstawczynski wrote:

Hi Francesca,

Have you actually checked it well with the Web mail feature? When you use Horde, for example, the first page it shows in my account is actually ALWAYS an empty mailbox.

To see the actual messages, you need to go deeper down the tree branches visible on the left hand side. Your "inbox" should be somewhere in there.

There are really no emails. I usually use Squirrel to check my email when I cannot use OE (ex.: internet point or whatever).

I'm mad about it!

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 21:57
English
Use neomail to view the e-mails that are taking up your space Jun 23, 2006

Hi Francesca,

To see the messages in your inbox (the one that is filling up your space), log in to cpanel ( http://yourwebsite.com/cpanel ), click the 'Mail' button, then 'Webmail', and select 'Neomail'. In the top left hand corner you will see a select box that says 'INBOX', click that and choose 'inbox' (the second option from the bottom). Those are the messages that are maxing out your spa
... See more
Hi Francesca,

To see the messages in your inbox (the one that is filling up your space), log in to cpanel ( http://yourwebsite.com/cpanel ), click the 'Mail' button, then 'Webmail', and select 'Neomail'. In the top left hand corner you will see a select box that says 'INBOX', click that and choose 'inbox' (the second option from the bottom). Those are the messages that are maxing out your space.

Let me know if you need any more help with this (or submit a support ticket).

Best Regards,
Justin
Collapse

Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Justin Jun 23, 2006

justin wrote:

Hi Francesca,

To see the messages in your inbox (the one that is filling up your space), log in to cpanel ( http://yourwebsite.com/cpanel ), click the 'Mail' button, then 'Webmail', and select 'Neomail'. In the top left hand corner you will see a select box that says 'INBOX', click that and choose 'inbox' (the second option from the bottom). Those are the messages that are maxing out your space.

Let me know if you need any more help with this (or submit a support ticket).

Best Regards,
Justin

I already submitted 2 support tickets.

If I do: ( http://yourwebsite.com/cpanel ), click the 'Mail' button, then 'Webmail', and select 'Neomail'

what comes up is a series of emails from people I don't know (scam) to adresses I've never created, such as [email protected], [email protected] etc

One of my support tickets concerns this issue.

I can't understand!

Francesca

Adam Podstawczynski (X)
Adam Podstawczynski (X)  Identity Verified
Polish to English
+ ...
you can have these messages automatically deleted Jun 23, 2006

The messages that arrive there are sent to non-existent (invented / automatically generated) addresses in your @domain. The mail server puts them in a separate mailbox for you.

In CPanel, there is an option in mail settings to have these scam messages immediately deleted instead of storing them in some obscure place.

justin C
justin C
United States
English
Correct, Adam Jun 23, 2006

To have e-mails that are not sent to a real address at your domain (such as [email protected]), do the following.

1. Log in to CPanel
2. Click the mail button
3. Click the "Default address" link
4. Click "Set Default Address"
5. Put ":blackhole:" (without the quotes), into the input box and click 'Change'

Doing this will discard all messages sent to e-mail address that do not ex
... See more
To have e-mails that are not sent to a real address at your domain (such as [email protected]), do the following.

1. Log in to CPanel
2. Click the mail button
3. Click the "Default address" link
4. Click "Set Default Address"
5. Put ":blackhole:" (without the quotes), into the input box and click 'Change'

Doing this will discard all messages sent to e-mail address that do not exist for your domain.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Justin
Collapse

Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER

I did it. How can I delete all those fake messages?

justin C
justin C
United States
English
I will delete the fake e-mails for you Jun 23, 2006

Hi Francesca,

I have done it for you

The inbox you were having trouble with should now be empty (I have a made a backup in case you need it, just let me know if you do).

Best Regards,
Justin

Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER

justin wrote:

Hi Francesca,

I have done it for you

The inbox you were having trouble with should now be empty (I have a made a backup in case you need it, just let me know if you do).

Best Regards,
Justin

Thanks a lot, Justin.

I know for sure I had 2 clients sending me emails and receiving the "mailbox full" message (they contacted me by phone and told me) ... But what about the others?
Is there any chance to find who tried to contact me to molettaf at myscripta dot com and got their message bounced?

justin C
justin C
United States
English
Unfortunately, no Jun 23, 2006

Hi Francesca,

Unfortunately, no, I can not find the users who received a bounce message saying mailbox full. I looked through our logs, and it looks like you may have missed a couple days worth of e-mails.

Sorry for the inconvience.

Best Regards,
Justin

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

mailbox is full??

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »