Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >
Release announcement - Hosting made easy!
Thread poster: Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:30
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
May 18, 2006

ProZ.com's best-kept secret -- free website hosting for members -- is not such a secret anymore. Over six hundred translators have taken advantage of this service to create web pages at their very own URLs. As a result, they've gained a useful marketing vehicle that helps them not only to bring in new clients, but also to impress and better serve current ones.

If you are among those members who have not gotten around to building a website yet, we have some excellent news for you. No
... See more
ProZ.com's best-kept secret -- free website hosting for members -- is not such a secret anymore. Over six hundred translators have taken advantage of this service to create web pages at their very own URLs. As a result, they've gained a useful marketing vehicle that helps them not only to bring in new clients, but also to impress and better serve current ones.

If you are among those members who have not gotten around to building a website yet, we have some excellent news for you. Not only is it still free, it is now easier than ever to create your own personal site. Here's why: we have built an easy-to-use wizard that is capable of generating a website for you in minutes, *using the data in your profile*. You just push a few buttons, selecting a template and colors, and the html files are generated for you to take and use--in minutes! If you want, you can even edit the files, add your own custom images and logo, etc.

This new features are released in Beta condition, meaning that changes and further improvements are to be expected in the near future

Now that it takes no money and very little time, you have no excuse not to have your own website. Head to the wizard now, and in a few minutes, you'll be able to tick off that task that you have been putting off for so long.

To access these new features you should select My ProZ.com -> My hosting from the main menu to subscribe to the hosting service (free for members) and then go to My ProZ.com -> My website to create your own site.

Please feel free to post your feedback in this thread.

Once again thanks to you, our members, for making these improvements possible.

Regards,
Enrique
Collapse

Laura Iovanna
Laura Iovanna
Local time: 17:30
English to Italian
+ ...
Web site May 19, 2006

Hello!
I subscribed to the hosting service few days ago.
When I try to access my webpage (http://www.lauraiovanna.my.proz.com) I receive this message "This page has not been created yet" probably because I have not made any change yet.
The only thing I can open is the Control Panel, which is full of options I don't know anything about...
See more
Hello!
I subscribed to the hosting service few days ago.
When I try to access my webpage (http://www.lauraiovanna.my.proz.com) I receive this message "This page has not been created yet" probably because I have not made any change yet.
The only thing I can open is the Control Panel, which is full of options I don't know anything about
But where is the wizard you were talking about? Am I searching in the right place?

Thank you for your help!

Laura
Collapse

Ivana UK
Ivana UK  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:30
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Laura May 19, 2006

I've been through every link and every section of the control panel too and there is no wizard!

Maybe it's not set up yet or maybe it's only avail to new Proz members (surely not...)?

[Edited at 2006-05-19 13:14]

Ivana UK
Ivana UK  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
FOUND IT! May 19, 2006

It's NOT under the "My Hosting" tab (which is where I was going wrong):

- under the main Proz toolbar click on My Proz.com and then on My website (directly below the My Hosting tab)

As simple as that!

Laura Iovanna
Laura Iovanna
English to Italian
+ ...
Ops! May 19, 2006

Ivana Micheli wrote:

It's NOT under the "My Hosting" tab (which is where I was going wrong):

- under the main Proz toolbar click on My Proz.com and then on My website (directly below the My Hosting tab)

As simple as that!

Thank you Ivana!
That's great! I was a bit confused... so many toolbars and links! Thank you very much for saving my time!

Thank God it's Friday! Have a nice weekend!
Laura

Natalia Zudaire
Natalia Zudaire  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:30
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I already have one website uploaded on the hosting space, but... May 29, 2006

I would like to use this new feature to include my project history tab and my availability calendar in it. Is it possible to create a single webpage containing that information but saved under a name other than index.htm, but that has interaction and that updates simultaneusly with what I put into my profile?

I didn't play around with the wysiwyg creator because I don't know if changes will be applied to my current index.htm page. Is that so? As far as I saw it is similar to the pre
... See more
I would like to use this new feature to include my project history tab and my availability calendar in it. Is it possible to create a single webpage containing that information but saved under a name other than index.htm, but that has interaction and that updates simultaneusly with what I put into my profile?

I didn't play around with the wysiwyg creator because I don't know if changes will be applied to my current index.htm page. Is that so? As far as I saw it is similar to the previous wysiwyg creator (under Edit index.htm in the control panel).

Thanks.

Natalia
Collapse

sasp
sasp  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Problems with last stage May 30, 2006

Hi everyone:

I have gone through all the stages without a problem (I think...) but when I get to the final page and put in my web user and password I get an error message in the bottom left to tell me the page isn't working properly:

Line: 51
Car: 1
Error: 'document.publish_site.password' es nulo o no es un objeto
Code: 0

The page just continues to show the processing but is essentially frozen at this stage meaning I am unable to publish t
... See more
Hi everyone:

I have gone through all the stages without a problem (I think...) but when I get to the final page and put in my web user and password I get an error message in the bottom left to tell me the page isn't working properly:

Line: 51
Car: 1
Error: 'document.publish_site.password' es nulo o no es un objeto
Code: 0

The page just continues to show the processing but is essentially frozen at this stage meaning I am unable to publish the site.
I have now gone through the process twice and the same thing happens- any suggestions? (I would like to get it sorted out as I paid for domain registration as well!).

Thanks in advance for any help.
Sasp
Collapse

Dwayne Maye
Dwayne Maye
United States
Local time: 11:30
English to English Middle (ca.1100-1500)
Hello Everyone Jun 2, 2006

Hello Natalia,

Currently you can not upload partial files from the program. It is set up to be a complete site. Plus after looking at what you have, I don't think this system would cut it with your flash.

Hello sasp,

The javascript error you are having should be fixed. If you still receive it can you email me what browser and operating system you are using. You can contact me directly at dwayne-at-proz.com.

As
... See more
Hello Natalia,

Currently you can not upload partial files from the program. It is set up to be a complete site. Plus after looking at what you have, I don't think this system would cut it with your flash.

Hello sasp,

The javascript error you are having should be fixed. If you still receive it can you email me what browser and operating system you are using. You can contact me directly at dwayne-at-proz.com.

As for everyone else. I am looking for feedback and suggestions for more colors, styles, pages and plugins. I have released 3 new color combinations this morning and a few more by the end of day.

Thank you all,
Dwayne
Collapse

Antonio Juan Bueno Sebastián
Antonio Juan Bueno Sebastián  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to Spanish
+ ...
"Source button"? + How to customize the final structure? Jun 4, 2006

Hello! I have pasted and copied directly from my ProzCom profile while using the Wizard. Eventually I found the text has no format. Yeah, I got the message "If you are going to use HTML input click on the source button located on the top left"... but I can´t see any "source button" on screen.

I´d like my website to have several "sub-pages", one for each foreign language I translate from. The Wizard provides a final default structure that does not meet my needs. I would like ajbue
... See more
Hello! I have pasted and copied directly from my ProzCom profile while using the Wizard. Eventually I found the text has no format. Yeah, I got the message "If you are going to use HTML input click on the source button located on the top left"... but I can´t see any "source button" on screen.

I´d like my website to have several "sub-pages", one for each foreign language I translate from. The Wizard provides a final default structure that does not meet my needs. I would like ajbuenosebastian.com to have this structure:

Main page (in Spanish), with links to:

A) "Subpage" 1 (in Portuguese)
B) "Subpage" 2 (in French)
C) "Subpage" 3 (in English)
D) Rates
E) Contact information + Feedback

How to customize the final structure then?

Is it already possible through ProzCom, or is its Wizard a new born functionality that can´t provide it yet? Can anyone give me a hand?

Antonio Juan
Collapse

Omar Ali
Omar Ali  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Backupfailed! Jun 5, 2006

Hi,

I have gone thru all the stages successfully. When I published the site, it read "Congratualtions!" but there was "backupfailed" error. I also cannot connect to the site. Is there a time span I have to wait after I publish? How can I receive emails and that stuff?

Thanks in advance

Dees
Dees  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
Two things Jun 5, 2006

Hello!

Is it possible to delete everything already entered (especially image files) on the Site Creator page and start from scratch again? I can't find a way to do it.

And second thing, is this normal that pages take such a long time to load throughout the process?

Many thanks!

Dwayne Maye
Dwayne Maye
United States
Local time: 11:30
English to English Middle (ca.1100-1500)
SiteCreator V1.01 Jun 8, 2006

Hello everyone,

I have taken your comments into consideration and added a few options to make the process easier. All of you that are still having problems exporting your websites please contact me directly at dwayne-at-proz-dot-com so I can gather more information on why this is happening. Otherwise I will first answer your newest questions then list the new features below.

Antonio
I have added 2 blank pages that you can title and fill in with any informati
... See more
Hello everyone,

I have taken your comments into consideration and added a few options to make the process easier. All of you that are still having problems exporting your websites please contact me directly at dwayne-at-proz-dot-com so I can gather more information on why this is happening. Otherwise I will first answer your newest questions then list the new features below.

Antonio
I have added 2 blank pages that you can title and fill in with any information you choose. Let me know if this helps with what you want to create.

Omar
I believe your issue was with your new domain, and has been resolved.

Mitsuko.
I have added a way to hide pages you don't want. I will soon add both the ability to delete the whole site and the content within.

Additions:
You can now skip the wizard and go right to editing via a button on the front page. Only for users that already have a site.

Added ability to hide and edit pages from the publish page.

Created a tutorial on how to add images. It is currently located on the right while you are creating pages through the wizard. Here is a direct link (Link)

I have also considered adding a list of the 5 newest sites on the home page and through out the SiteCreator. I would be interested to know how everyone feels about this.

As always happy translating,
Dwayne Maye
Collapse

Antonio Juan Bueno Sebastián
Antonio Juan Bueno Sebastián  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks Jun 9, 2006

Thanks Dwayne, I will have a fresh go!

Omar Ali
Omar Ali  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Internal Server Error! Jun 11, 2006

Hi Dwayne

Thanks for all the effort. Now I am faced with a new problem. The site was going fine a while ago. When I added 2 more pages, I am no longer able to browse thru it. Only the Home page is working properly. Every time I click any other link, I receive the following error
"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request"

Can you please help as usual?

Thanks in adv
... See more
Hi Dwayne

Thanks for all the effort. Now I am faced with a new problem. The site was going fine a while ago. When I added 2 more pages, I am no longer able to browse thru it. Only the Home page is working properly. Every time I click any other link, I receive the following error
"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request"

Can you please help as usual?

Thanks in advance
Collapse

Roomy Naqvy
Roomy Naqvy  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 21:00
English to Hindi
+ ...
hosting/edit site page not working Jun 13, 2006

When I click http://www.proz.com/?sp=host/info I get an empty page.... blank, nothing.

I have forgotten my password and would like to reset it.... but if I don't have the link, I guess I cannot do it,

Roomy

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Release announcement - Hosting made easy!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »