Delayed e-mails
Thread poster: Marisa Schiavi (X)
Marisa Schiavi (X)
Marisa Schiavi (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:21
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 5, 2006

I have been receiving e-mails with delays going from 15 mins to 2 hours. At first I thought it was something to do with Outlook Express, so I started using the webmail page directly, but e-mails are not even arriving at the webmail page now!
What to do????

Serkan Doğan
Serkan Doğan  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 03:21
Turkish to English
+ ...
Normal May 5, 2006

It is normal I think. Nothing to worry about. It depends on the speed of your mail service provider as well. I hope you would not miss something important due to such delays. Or, alternatively, you may give a support request.
Good luck!

Dina Abdo
Dina Abdo  Identity Verified
Palestine
Local time: 03:21
Member (2005)
Arabic
+ ...
contact your ISP! May 5, 2006

Or your e-mail service provide if the e-mail you're using is a paid email. Similar problems usually occur because of the server you're connected to, not because of the Out Look. It's a delay occuring due to overloaded or busy servers. It may be also because of your sender server ... but that's something you can do nothing about ... I guess

Good Luck
... See more
Or your e-mail service provide if the e-mail you're using is a paid email. Similar problems usually occur because of the server you're connected to, not because of the Out Look. It's a delay occuring due to overloaded or busy servers. It may be also because of your sender server ... but that's something you can do nothing about ... I guess

Good Luck

Dina
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:21
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Check the spam folder at Horde (if you are using Proz's hosting) May 5, 2006

I use the email address based on my own domain provided by proz. A couple of months ago, I started to notice some delays in receiving and sending emails. Some of them were even rejected. It seemed a problem without solution when I decided to check out my emails via Web.

I entered in my Web Hosting, here at Proz, and noticed that the email quota was near the limit. The problem was that hundreds of spams had been stopped by the server.

How to check this?

1) E
... See more
I use the email address based on my own domain provided by proz. A couple of months ago, I started to notice some delays in receiving and sending emails. Some of them were even rejected. It seemed a problem without solution when I decided to check out my emails via Web.

I entered in my Web Hosting, here at Proz, and noticed that the email quota was near the limit. The problem was that hundreds of spams had been stopped by the server.

How to check this?

1) Enter to your hosting option here at Proz. Go to CPanel > mail > Mail manager main menu

2) Click on MANAGE/ADD//REMOVE ACCOUNTS

3) Click on SHOW DISK SPACE USED

There you can check if you have reached the allowed disk space. (Well, it won't be your fault, but the spam's fault).

If this is the case, enter to your email account using Horde (you can do so via cPanel > WebMail). Go to the SPAM folder and delete the SPAM, hundreds of Spam! Next, empty the trash folder and that's all!

I hope it works!

Regards

Clarisa
Collapse

Marisa Schiavi (X)
Marisa Schiavi (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:21
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I've tried them all... May 5, 2006

Thank you everyone for all your suggestions. Unfortunately, I've tried everything you've mentioned, my server is running ok, I know this for a fact because some emails were sent both to my personal address (run by a local ISP) and to my address which is run by proz.com hosting services, the emails to my personal address arrive on the spot and the others one take ages to arrive, even three days!!!! And yes, I did miss out important projects because of this, so I really don't think this is normal,... See more
Thank you everyone for all your suggestions. Unfortunately, I've tried everything you've mentioned, my server is running ok, I know this for a fact because some emails were sent both to my personal address (run by a local ISP) and to my address which is run by proz.com hosting services, the emails to my personal address arrive on the spot and the others one take ages to arrive, even three days!!!! And yes, I did miss out important projects because of this, so I really don't think this is normal, I'm sure something can be done...or at least I hope so....
If one e-mail address is receiving e-mails straight away I can't see what another wouldn't. I've also checked my quota and disk space usage, it all looks ok.
Sorry but any other suggestions???? I'm getting quite frustrated with this to be honest and I'm even considering the possibility of changing hosts....but we'll see if the support team can help me out first. Fingers crossed!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Delayed e-mails

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »