Do I need to transfer my domain to have my site hosted in ProZ?
Thread poster: Jerónimo Fernández
Jerónimo Fernández
Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 28, 2006

Hi there,

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'm an absolut ignorant in this matter. Can anybody tell me if I need to transfer my domain to ProZ to have my site hosted in ProZ?

Thanks,
Jerónimo

Maria Karra
Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:09
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
transfer Mar 28, 2006

Hi Jerónimo,

you can keep your domain name but you have to transfer the domain to ProZ.com, if you want ProZ to host your website.

I registered for ProZ hosting from the beginning (i.e. without already having a website), but if I already had a domain I could have transferred it to ProZ.
See if the FAQ helps you:
... See more
Hi Jerónimo,

you can keep your domain name but you have to transfer the domain to ProZ.com, if you want ProZ to host your website.

I registered for ProZ hosting from the beginning (i.e. without already having a website), but if I already had a domain I could have transferred it to ProZ.
http://www.proz.com/faq/hosting#hosting_domain_vs_host

Maria
Collapse

Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:09
English to Chinese
+ ...
No need to transfer domain name. Mar 29, 2006

Hi Jerónimo and Maria,

No need to transfer your domain name when changing hosting services. Simply log into your domain account and change the DNS pointing to Proz.com DNS servers. For example my domain name Yeasir.com is not registered at Proz.com, but I still can use its hosting services simply by setting DNS records properly.

More information is at proz.com hosting service information page when you sign up their service and if you don't know how to set up DNS record
... See more
Hi Jerónimo and Maria,

No need to transfer your domain name when changing hosting services. Simply log into your domain account and change the DNS pointing to Proz.com DNS servers. For example my domain name Yeasir.com is not registered at Proz.com, but I still can use its hosting services simply by setting DNS records properly.

More information is at proz.com hosting service information page when you sign up their service and if you don't know how to set up DNS records pointing to proz.com, just ask for your registrar's assistance.

More info:
This is my name server setup:

Name Server:
NS1.HOST.PROZ.COM
NS2.HOST.PROZ.COM

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Jianjun

Maria Karra wrote:

Hi Jerónimo,

http://www.proz.com/faq/hosting#hosting_domain_vs_host

Maria

[Edited at 2006-03-29 03:01]
Collapse

Jerónimo Fernández
Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! Mar 29, 2006

Thanks very much Maria and Jianjun!

Jero

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do I need to transfer my domain to have my site hosted in ProZ?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »