Thread poster: Hellen Varela-Fdez.
Hellen Varela-Fdez.
Hellen Varela-Fdez.  Identity Verified
Costa Rica
Local time: 19:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 19, 2006

I have created my fist web page but still have problems.

1. I created the page using WYSIWYG Web Builder.
2. I used a nice design and it looks really good in that program and when I test it.
3. I uploaded my files using the File Manager in my Control Panel.

4. Substituted the index.hmtl using my new f
... See more
I have created my fist web page but still have problems.

1. I created the page using WYSIWYG Web Builder.
2. I used a nice design and it looks really good in that program and when I test it.
3. I uploaded my files using the File Manager in my Control Panel.

4. Substituted the index.hmtl using my new file.

5. Type my site address http://traduvare.my.proz.com/ but I just found all the information mixed, the design is not there (the rest of the information, plain text is there, but not the images, bars, etc.)

Could anyone help me please.

Thanks,

Hellen
Collapse

Rossana Triaca
Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 22:17
English to Spanish
I couldn't see... Jan 20, 2006

the HTML code, but it seems that you have not uploaded your images and/or are not referencing them properly (although something else seems to be amiss - the enconding perhaps? What headers do you have?)

a) Can you switch to a html code view in this WYSIWYG editor you are using? If so, how are images referenced? "C:/My Documents/example.gif" is not going to work, you need to upload the file and either put in in the same folder and reference them directly ("example.gif") or better yet
... See more
the HTML code, but it seems that you have not uploaded your images and/or are not referencing them properly (although something else seems to be amiss - the enconding perhaps? What headers do you have?)

a) Can you switch to a html code view in this WYSIWYG editor you are using? If so, how are images referenced? "C:/My Documents/example.gif" is not going to work, you need to upload the file and either put in in the same folder and reference them directly ("example.gif") or better yet create a new folder and provide the path there ("images/example.gif").

Anyway, I don't know how familiar you are with HTML, but if you want I can give you a hand; just email me the files and I'll have a look at it.
Collapse

Hellen Varela-Fdez.
Costa Rica
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I sent you my files Jan 20, 2006

Rossana: I sent you my files to your gmail address because, as you supposed, I am not familiar with HTML. For the moment, I modified my index.html file with the editor in "File Manager", in order to see (at least) a clean page.

Thanks for your help.

Hellen

Hellen Varela-Fdez.
Costa Rica
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I made it using just Microsoft Word Jan 20, 2006

Dear Sussana:

Thanks! Usually Word makes everything easier and possible, so, I supposed that maybe it could help me this time too. So, I tried and my web page is already working.

Thanks a lot!

Hellen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The design of my page is gone!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »