Dr Wahidi
Dr Wahidi  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 11:07
English to Arabic
+ ...
Dec 22, 2005

Hi,
I hope that some body helps me with this serious problem with my hosting at Proz.

I keep receiving bulk spam emails to my email account; all of these emails seems to be delivered from my email itself!! Here is an example of what I get:
-----------------------------------
... See more
Hi,
I hope that some body helps me with this serious problem with my hosting at Proz.

I keep receiving bulk spam emails to my email account; all of these emails seems to be delivered from my email itself!! Here is an example of what I get:
----------------------------------------
To: [email protected]
Subject: *IMPORTANT* Please Confirm Your Account
------------------------------------------

I tried to change my account password but a keep receiving a massage stating the there is a problem with that!

Any one from the technical staff can tell me what's the wrong with my hosting " www.arabiclanguageservices.com"?. And what can be done to overcome this problem?

I appreciate so much your prompt help!

Thanks in advance.

Mahmodu ELWAHEIDI, Ph.D.
Collapse

Florence Bremond
Florence Bremond  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:07
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
C-panels Dec 22, 2005

I have had a more or less similar problem a few weeks ago (dozens of such messages coming in less than one hour) - you can filter the mails using in Cpanel:
"Mail">"e-mail filtering">"add filter"
and add a filter (for instance)
subject > contains > Please Confirm Your Account > Discard
Then activate the filter.

Be careful though, all the emails containing the string that you enter will be discarded.

You can also activate Spamassassin from the "Ma
... See more
I have had a more or less similar problem a few weeks ago (dozens of such messages coming in less than one hour) - you can filter the mails using in Cpanel:
"Mail">"e-mail filtering">"add filter"
and add a filter (for instance)
subject > contains > Please Confirm Your Account > Discard
Then activate the filter.

Be careful though, all the emails containing the string that you enter will be discarded.

You can also activate Spamassassin from the "Mail" menu but personally I don't want to do this, as this little thing has killed a number of emails from my clients in the past on another email account for which I couldn't deactivate it.

Obviously this message is not coming from ProZ, it's just spam, or worse, viruses.

Florence
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing my account password

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »