Natalia Elo
Natalia Elo  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:17
English to Russian
+ ...
Nov 14, 2005

Dear ProZians,

I'm so grateful for all the advice I've got from you so far, but I have to ask again.

I want to set up my new email address according to the webpage domain, but what I found there is Auto-Configure Microsoft Outlook® for different accesses.

Can't I use Thunderbird, which is what my webmaster is recommending?

Vielen Dank in Voraus
Natalia

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:17
English to German
+ ...
You should be able to. Nov 14, 2005

All you need is the name of your pop server, your login name, password and outgoing (smtp) server. That information should be somehwere available, although I can't tell you where.

The auto-configure script for Outlook Express is just a convenient solution.

If you can't find the necessary information to set up an account in Thunderbird, just take the auto-configure scripts for OExpress and import them (if you have Outlook Express). Afterwards, you can extract all that
... See more
All you need is the name of your pop server, your login name, password and outgoing (smtp) server. That information should be somehwere available, although I can't tell you where.

The auto-configure script for Outlook Express is just a convenient solution.

If you can't find the necessary information to set up an account in Thunderbird, just take the auto-configure scripts for OExpress and import them (if you have Outlook Express). Afterwards, you can extract all that information, transfer it to Thunderbird and remove your account information from Outlook Express.

HTH.

Sonja
Collapse

Mark Oliver
Mark Oliver  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:17
Indonesian to English
+ ...
making Thunderbird your default client Nov 14, 2005

Dear Natalia,

I would also suggest that you use Thunderbird; it is quite an elegant and powerful little application. I am not entirely certain what you are asking here though. Are you asking how to configure T-bird as your default mail client? If so, it is done in the control panel, internet options ("Mail" tab, of course).

Beyond that, Sonja's suggestions are correct.

Good luck,

Mark

Natalia Elo wrote:

Dear ProZians,

I'm so grateful for all the advice I've got from you so far, but I have to ask again.

I want to set up my new email address according to the webpage domain, but what I found there is Auto-Configure Microsoft Outlook® for different accesses.

Can't I use Thunderbird, which is what my webmaster is recommending?

Vielen Dank in Voraus
Natalia

[Edited at 2005-11-14 15:02]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Configuring Mail Client

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »