Joris Bogaert
Joris Bogaert  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 04:31
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 17, 2005

Hello,

I've just purchased the www.villalingua.com domain instead of the old (and as Platinum member) free www.villalingua.my.proz.com

I've had a mail from proz.com saying "everything is ok". But what should I do now? How can I get access to the new domain, and transfer ALL files from the ol
... See more
Hello,

I've just purchased the www.villalingua.com domain instead of the old (and as Platinum member) free www.villalingua.my.proz.com

I've had a mail from proz.com saying "everything is ok". But what should I do now? How can I get access to the new domain, and transfer ALL files from the old website to the new one? When will it be activated? Will I be sent a mail? Will I lose my old website or can I make a (direct)link to it? Thanks!
Collapse

translations33
translations33  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:31
English to French
a simple solution Jul 18, 2005

hi,
if you have just purchased the domain and your webiste is stillhosted at proz.com you can just add a redirection from logging into the control panel of your domain provider, all the traffic to www.yournewdomain.com will transfered to you old website. this facility is available for free at most providers.

Joris Bogaert
Italy
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Transfer proz subdomain to own domain bought from proz.com - TROUBLE Jul 18, 2005

Thank you but....

...how do you do that? I have trouble getting on my control panel: it takes a lot of time to get into it.
I still don't know how to access my www.owndomain.com, it doesn't exist yet. Proz.com just sent me a mail mentioning that:

Registration for villalingua.com has been completed and
should show up in tomorrow's WHOIS database update.

You ca
... See more
Thank you but....

...how do you do that? I have trouble getting on my control panel: it takes a lot of time to get into it.
I still don't know how to access my www.owndomain.com, it doesn't exist yet. Proz.com just sent me a mail mentioning that:

Registration for villalingua.com has been completed and
should show up in tomorrow's WHOIS database update.

You can manage your domain from this page: http://www.proz.com/?sp=host/info

But the problem is I cannot manage my domain yet...
I'm not that good in hosting, that's why I' a bit lost...

Thanks!
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 22:31
SITE STAFF
Changed your hosted domain to villalingua.com Jul 18, 2005

Hi Joris,

I have changed your hosted domain to villalingua.com.

In the future, the fastest way to have changes of this kind made is to submit a support ticket: http://proz.com/support

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jason

Joris Bogaert
Italy
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Uploaded but invisible pictures & ranking in websearch engines Jul 18, 2005

Thank you very much Jason!

I just have 2 more questions.

1. I've tried to work in my control panel, I don't remember waht I'va done.... and after a while my uploaded pictures didn't show anymore. What can I do to make them visible again?

2. How can I get my new website be visible by the searching engines (google, yahoo,...)?

Thanks!!

Joris

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transfer domain within proz.com

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »