Two problems with images.
Thread poster: SandraV

SandraV  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 08:14
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 4, 2005

Hi,

I am having problems uploading some images. Some of them upload ok, but others don't, even though all of them are in gif or jpg format.
Another problem I'm having is that even though some images upload ok, they just don't appear on my web page. Can you help me with this problem, please.
Thank you

Sandra


 

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:14
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

MODERATOR
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Sandra Jun 4, 2005

Have you checked the size of the images (I mean, the size in cm or inches) - aren't they too large or too small? Please check also the the size of the files (maybe those files which do not upload are too huge?)

Natalia


 

Tadzio (X)
English to Spanish
Look at the file name... Jun 5, 2005

Sandra wrote:

Hi,

I am having problems uploading some images. Some of them upload ok, but others don't, even though all of them are in gif or jpg format.
Another problem I'm having is that even though some images upload ok, they just don't appear on my web page. Can you help me with this problem, please.
Thank you

Sandra


If the file name has spaces between words, your website won't accept it. For instance: "quienes somos.jpg" won't be accepted. The file should be renamed as: "quienes_somos.jpg" or "quienes-somos.jpg" (No need of the extension name.)
Regards,
Tadzio.


 

SandraV  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 08:14
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
They're small files Jun 5, 2005

Natalie wrote:

Have you checked the size of the images (I mean, the size in cm or inches) - aren't they too large or too small? Please check also the the size of the files (maybe those files which do not upload are too huge?)

Natalia


Hi Natalie, thanks for answering. No, they are small files: 2k,1k,8k,5k. In fact some of them were perfectly visible but they just dissappeared from my site. And some others are not visible in the public file after downloading them.

I hope you can help me with this

Sandra


 

SandraV  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 08:14
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No spaces between words Jun 5, 2005

Tadzio wrote:

Sandra wrote:

Hi,

I am having problems uploading some images. Some of them upload ok, but others don't, even though all of them are in gif or jpg format.
Another problem I'm having is that even though some images upload ok, they just don't appear on my web page. Can you help me with this problem, please.
Thank you

Sandra


If the file name has spaces between words, your website won't accept it. For instance: "quienes somos.jpg" won't be accepted. The file should be renamed as: "quienes_somos.jpg" or "quienes-somos.jpg" (No need of the extension name.)
Regards,
Tadzio.


Hi paisano thanks a lot for your answer. No, I already checked, there are no spaces between words. The strange thing is that at the beginning all these images were perfectly visible on my site, but they just disappeared. I don't know what to do, and I really hope someone can help me to solve this prolem.

Muchos saludos,
Sandra


 

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:14
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

MODERATOR
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi again Jun 6, 2005

Sandra, what do you mean by saying "my site"? Do you mean your profile page? Or the webpage at your site hosted by ProZ.com? If yes, I suggest posting a support request using the 'Support' button in the upper menu.

 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Two problems with images.

Advanced search






SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search