Joris Bogaert
Joris Bogaert  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:14
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
May 26, 2005

Hello,

I've worked on the layout of my homepage and I've inserted some grafic tables in it. Doing so, I see that the space between the top and the bottom of my page is increased. I would like to reduce the upper space which is betweenthe normal text and (for instance) the first table. I tried to make the table smeller but it doesn't work. What can I do to make it more compact?

Rossana Triaca
Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 07:14
English to Spanish
Nested tables... May 27, 2005

the problem with profiles is that you are already working inside a table and that gets rather risky.

I could not solve it entirely, but I found out that leaving *no spaces or breaks* between html tags certainly improves the outcome. For example, instead of the traditional:

<table>
   <tr>
      <td>Blah blah blah.</td>
   </tr>
</table>

You should type:<
... See more
the problem with profiles is that you are already working inside a table and that gets rather risky.

I could not solve it entirely, but I found out that leaving *no spaces or breaks* between html tags certainly improves the outcome. For example, instead of the traditional:

<table>
   <tr>
      <td>Blah blah blah.</td>
   </tr>
</table>

You should type:

<table><tr><td>Blah blah blah.</td></tr></table>

It worked for me...

Good luck!

[Edited at 2005-05-27 21:23]
Collapse

Joris Bogaert
Joris Bogaert  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:14
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Profile editing - main problem risolved, but an additional question May 27, 2005

Hello,

Thanks a lot. You're right! It works greatly.

P.S: I saw your site, a very nice design!

I do have a further question (if I may...)
I've tried to upload some images in order to make them visible on my profile page, but when I try to insert them with html (as indicated in Gianfranco Manco's manual) in order to get them visible, it doens't work. I suppose I uploaded badly (the file
... See more
Hello,

Thanks a lot. You're right! It works greatly.

P.S: I saw your site, a very nice design!

I do have a further question (if I may...)
I've tried to upload some images in order to make them visible on my profile page, but when I try to insert them with html (as indicated in Gianfranco Manco's manual) in order to get them visible, it doens't work. I suppose I uploaded badly (the file manager is not so user-friendly, or maybe I'm just awkward in using it), or maybe I wrote a bad html code??

Thanks!

Joris
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing: making the layout of my homepage

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »