Transfering domain from ProZ.com to another hosting service
Thread poster: Troy Fowler
Troy Fowler
Troy Fowler  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:22
Japanese to English
May 24, 2005

How does one transfer a domain hosted by ProZ.com to another hosting service?

I wanted to test out ProZ.com-hosting with a less-important, secondary domain before moving my main domain to ProZ.com.

I tried to park my main domain ontop of my secondary domain (currently hosted at ProZ) , but Cpanel claims I'm not eligible for any parking services, so I'm planning on transferring my secondary domain from ProZ.com, and replace it with my main one.

I've look
... See more

I wanted to test out ProZ.com-hosting with a less-important, secondary domain before moving my main domain to ProZ.com.

I tried to park my main domain ontop of my secondary domain (currently hosted at ProZ) , but Cpanel claims I'm not eligible for any parking services, so I'm planning on transferring my secondary domain from ProZ.com, and replace it with my main one.

I've looked for options to 'clear' my hosting account, but can't find how to do this.

Any suggestions?
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 12:22
SITE STAFF
Domain transfers can be initiated by new provider; can change your hosted domain at ProZ.com May 24, 2005

rasputin wrote:

Hi rasputin,

Generally speaking you can initiate the transfer of a domain from one provider to another by telling your new hosting provider you want to transfer the domain.

If you are canceling a hosting account at ProZ.com, please let us know by submitting a support ticket so that we can remove your domain configuration from the hosting servers. This will prevent possible mail delivery problems to your domain.

The standard hosting package provides hosting for only a single domain name. If you want to change the domain you have hosted at ProZ.com, please submit a support ticket specifying the new domain name you want to use. See this FAQ for more information:
http://www.proz.com/faq/hosting#host_change_domain

Alternatively, upgrading to the advanced hosting package would allow you to host 5 more domains.

Hosting related support tickets can be submitted using this link:

http://www.proz.com/support?mode=ask&type=hosting

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jason

Troy Fowler
Troy Fowler  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:22
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the quick response May 25, 2005

Thanks Jason!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transfering domain from ProZ.com to another hosting service

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »