Thread poster: Luke Mersh
Luke Mersh
Luke Mersh  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:56
Spanish to English
Aug 24, 2015

Hi there.
I have just set up a proz email account, but would like to know the settings so I can receive the email also on my phone.

Many thanks.

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:56
Spanish to English
+ ...
Android Aug 24, 2015

I'm not hosting my sites through Proz anymore, but I am using something similar. I personally use an app called Typemail. It's pretty handy. All you need is your email address and password and it will set everything up for you.

If you prefer to use the website, there's an email service provider within the Proz hosting system called Hordemail. It's mobile friendly and does a pretty good job. You won't receive any notifications that way, but you don't have to set anything up or give o
... See more
I'm not hosting my sites through Proz anymore, but I am using something similar. I personally use an app called Typemail. It's pretty handy. All you need is your email address and password and it will set everything up for you.

If you prefer to use the website, there's an email service provider within the Proz hosting system called Hordemail. It's mobile friendly and does a pretty good job. You won't receive any notifications that way, but you don't have to set anything up or give out your account information.

As far as iOS, you can still use the Hordemail solution, but I'm not sure about any apps.
Collapse

Luke Mersh
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
webmail Aug 24, 2015

I am not sure I understand entirely.

I went to "my web mail" and set up a separate email account to receive work emails instead of going through my personal email , but the pop settings dont seem to work, is this what you are talking about?
many thanks

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:56
Spanish to English
+ ...
Not quite Aug 24, 2015

No, I was referring to the service that you use to actually view your emails. There used to be three of them, Roundcube, Squirrel Mail, and Horde Mail. You can access a mobile friendly version of your email interface through Hordemail.

With Typemail, you don't usually need to do anything with your POP settings. All it needs is an email address and password to access your mail; unless you can't access your emails from the desktop.

Luke Mersh
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Pop & Smtp Aug 25, 2015

I would like to know what the POP and SMTP settings are for Proz email account.

As I cant seem to get the settings from everyone.net to work.

please help.

[Edited at 2015-08-25 10:24 GMT]

Luke Mersh
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
how to close email account- help needed Aug 25, 2015

I would like to know how to close the email account, as I have not been able to use this email account on my android phone to receive work emails, it is not of any use to me.

Would somebody kindly tell me how to close it.

many thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

website email settings- help needed

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »