Does ProZ hosting package include a WYSIWYG editor?
Thread poster: Jessica Klingberg
Jessica Klingberg
Jessica Klingberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:02
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Jan 25, 2005

I am under the impression that it does include one, as the description of the hosting package lists:
*Web-based WYSIWYG HTML editor
as one of its features.

If so, where do you find it/access it?

Thanks in advance!

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 04:02
SITE STAFF
How to access the WYSIWYG editor Jan 27, 2005

Hi Jessica,

In response to your question, I have added an FAQ describing how to access the WYSIWYG editor:

http://www.proz.com/faq/hosting#host_wysiwyg

How do I access the WYSIWYG editor?

To edit your site with the WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) editor, first log into your control panel. Then click the "file manager" icon.Your web site is in the "public_html" directory. Navigate to the public_html directory by clicking the little folder icon to the left of "public_html". To edit your index.html page, first click the "index.html" file. In the upper right pane you will see the various actions you can perform on this file. You can edit the HTML code directly by selecting "Edit File", or you can use the WYSIWYG editor by selecting "HTML Editor".

Note that the WYSIWYG editor is not supported by all browsers. It is officially supported with Internet Explorer version 6 and higher, and has been reported to work with Mozilla-based browsers such as firefox.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jason

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does ProZ hosting package include a WYSIWYG editor?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »