Leticia Klemetz, CT
Leticia Klemetz, CT  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 22:44
Swedish to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 31, 2004

Hi fellow colleagues!
Ok, I just need a little feedback, because I'm "scared" of the change.
I've had my own website (http://trads-lk.com) hosted with Yahoo geocities for several years now. But if I'm paying for Proz already, it seems to make sense to make use of the hosting service and cut expenses, given that my workflow is not that big.
Now, I don't know if I dare... Is it safe to switch? Would
... See more
Hi fellow colleagues!
Ok, I just need a little feedback, because I'm "scared" of the change.
I've had my own website (http://trads-lk.com) hosted with Yahoo geocities for several years now. But if I'm paying for Proz already, it seems to make sense to make use of the hosting service and cut expenses, given that my workflow is not that big.
Now, I don't know if I dare... Is it safe to switch? Would it cause a lot of problems? Is it a lot of extra work? Can I still have subdomains? HAS ANYONE SWITCHED FROM GEOCITIES TO PROZ SUCCESSFULLY?
Feedback please...?
Thanks a lot and happy new year!
Tisha
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 16:44
SITE STAFF
Try with a test domain first Jan 5, 2005

Hi Leticia,

I don't know of anyone who has switched to ProZ.com hosting from Geocities. If I recall correctly, Geocities has a template-based web site builder that allows you to create themed web pages from some type of wizard. Similar functionality is under development for the ProZ.com advanced hosting package, but it is not yet available and no firm schedule for its release has been set. If you rely on this Geocities feature, you should probably wait to switch to ProZ.com hosting.
... See more
Hi Leticia,

I don't know of anyone who has switched to ProZ.com hosting from Geocities. If I recall correctly, Geocities has a template-based web site builder that allows you to create themed web pages from some type of wizard. Similar functionality is under development for the ProZ.com advanced hosting package, but it is not yet available and no firm schedule for its release has been set. If you rely on this Geocities feature, you should probably wait to switch to ProZ.com hosting.

If you would like to try out hosting a site at ProZ.com without switching your main domain over to it yet, sign up for a subdomain of "my.proz.com". You can experiment without interrupting your existing web site. If you decide you want to migrate, we can transfer your domain name over later.

Best regards,

Jason
Collapse

Leticia Klemetz, CT
Leticia Klemetz, CT  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 22:44
Swedish to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Jan 6, 2005

[quote]Jason Grimes wrote:

Hi Jason!

I don't use any wizards, simply FrontPage. I'll try what you say and see how it works! Wise advice.
Thanks and happy new year!

Tisha

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Switching from geocities?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »