Better alternatives to PROZ hosting services?
Thread poster: Kevin Pfeiffer (X)
Kevin Pfeiffer (X)
Kevin Pfeiffer (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:02
German to English
+ ...
Dec 23, 2014

Hi,

Ongoing problems with e-mail messages being blocked due to blacklisting/blocking/whatever is giving me headaches. My hosting plan expires in April this coming year (2015). Can anyone else recommend alternatives to PROZ for hosting of a domain, Website and e-mail services. I'm looking for responsive support (spoiled by PROZ) and a quality mail service.

After all these years I would hate to have to move everything, but I can't take the "why didn't you answer my e-mail
... See more
Hi,

Ongoing problems with e-mail messages being blocked due to blacklisting/blocking/whatever is giving me headaches. My hosting plan expires in April this coming year (2015). Can anyone else recommend alternatives to PROZ for hosting of a domain, Website and e-mail services. I'm looking for responsive support (spoiled by PROZ) and a quality mail service.

After all these years I would hate to have to move everything, but I can't take the "why didn't you answer my e-mail" phone calls anymore.

-Kevin Pfeiffer
Collapse

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Shop around Dec 23, 2014

Hi Kevin, I can't recommend a particular hosting service, but I think that there are many providers in Germany, just like in Holland. What is a good provider for one, doesn't necessarely have to be for the other, it's all about (personal) needs and taste.

Therefore I would suggest to shop around. Go to Google and compare the different providers with each other (we got special websites for that). There must be something to your liking.

Succes and a merry Christmas.

Kevin Pfeiffer (X)
Kevin Pfeiffer (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SMTP without msgs. being blocked by other providers Dec 23, 2014

What is a good provider for one, doesn't necessarely have to be for the other, it's all about (personal) needs and taste.

Thanks.

What I am looking for is reliable mail transport (SMTP) for my tiny domain (3 mail addresses). That's my only problem right now with PROZ's provider. But it is difficult (I suspect) to find this sort of thing out. One site that I just stumbled across is HostPapa. But I've got a bit of time.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Better alternatives to PROZ hosting services?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »