https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_hosting/273275-can_i_host_a_site_from_googlesites_free_creator.html&phpv_redirected=1

Can I host a site from googlesites free creator?
Thread poster: Helena Guimarães
Helena Guimarães
Helena Guimarães  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 16:15
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 12, 2014

Hi,

I payed through ProZ to hostage a website in June. I have a site I'm creating at googlesites free creator and I hosted that sitename. At googlesites it appears as: "googlesiteswww.helenasmagicwords.com. "I would like to know if I can use that already created site with this hosting I've created at ProZ. If yes, how can I do it? Will the words "googlesites" before the domain disappear? I would very much like it to happen.

Can anybody tell me something about it?
... See more
Hi,

I payed through ProZ to hostage a website in June. I have a site I'm creating at googlesites free creator and I hosted that sitename. At googlesites it appears as: "googlesiteswww.helenasmagicwords.com. "I would like to know if I can use that already created site with this hosting I've created at ProZ. If yes, how can I do it? Will the words "googlesites" before the domain disappear? I would very much like it to happen.

Can anybody tell me something about it?

Thank you very much.
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:15
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mapping a site to your own domain Aug 13, 2014

Hello Helena,

As a site member, you enjoy access to the hosting of a website and email address that you own, at no extra charge. You can find information about this on http://www.proz.com/?sp=host/info . Note that there is no connection between this hosting service and the one offered by Google Sites. That is a different hosting service, supplied by a different provider.

You h
... See more
Hello Helena,

As a site member, you enjoy access to the hosting of a website and email address that you own, at no extra charge. You can find information about this on http://www.proz.com/?sp=host/info . Note that there is no connection between this hosting service and the one offered by Google Sites. That is a different hosting service, supplied by a different provider.

You have purchased a domain through ProZ.com, but that domain is not tied to ProZ.com hosting. In this respect, ProZ.com operates as an authorized domain reseller for OpenSRS/Tucows, one of the most reliable and open domain registrars on the Internet.

Having purchased a domain name means you can have your site appear under a custom URL that you control (one that doesn't mention googlesites, for example). You can find instructions on how to map your Google Site to your own domain at https://support.google.com/sites/answer/99448?hl=en

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any question.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Helena Guimarães
Helena Guimarães  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 16:15
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 13, 2014

Dear Alexandro, I'll try to do that. If I have any questions I'll call on you again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I host a site from googlesites free creator?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »