Can I host a site from googlesites free creator?
Thread poster: Helena Guimarães
Helena Guimarães
Helena Guimarães  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:57
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 12, 2014

Hi,

I payed through ProZ to hostage a website in June. I have a site I'm creating at googlesites free creator and I hosted that sitename. At googlesites it appears as: "googlesiteswww.helenasmagicwords.com. "I would like to know if I can use that already created site with this hosting I've created at ProZ. If yes, how can I do it? Will the words "googlesites" before the domain disappear? I would very much like it to happen.

Can anybody tell me something about it?
... See more
Hi,

I payed through ProZ to hostage a website in June. I have a site I'm creating at googlesites free creator and I hosted that sitename. At googlesites it appears as: "googlesiteswww.helenasmagicwords.com. "I would like to know if I can use that already created site with this hosting I've created at ProZ. If yes, how can I do it? Will the words "googlesites" before the domain disappear? I would very much like it to happen.

Can anybody tell me something about it?

Thank you very much.
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:57
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mapping a site to your own domain Aug 13, 2014

Hello Helena,

As a site member, you enjoy access to the hosting of a website and email address that you own, at no extra charge. You can find information about this on http://www.proz.com/?sp=host/info . Note that there is no connection between this hosting service and the one offered by Google Sites. That is a different hosting service, supplied by a different provider.

You h
... See more
Hello Helena,

As a site member, you enjoy access to the hosting of a website and email address that you own, at no extra charge. You can find information about this on http://www.proz.com/?sp=host/info . Note that there is no connection between this hosting service and the one offered by Google Sites. That is a different hosting service, supplied by a different provider.

You have purchased a domain through ProZ.com, but that domain is not tied to ProZ.com hosting. In this respect, ProZ.com operates as an authorized domain reseller for OpenSRS/Tucows, one of the most reliable and open domain registrars on the Internet.

Having purchased a domain name means you can have your site appear under a custom URL that you control (one that doesn't mention googlesites, for example). You can find instructions on how to map your Google Site to your own domain at https://support.google.com/sites/answer/99448?hl=en

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any question.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Helena Guimarães
Helena Guimarães  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:57
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 13, 2014

Dear Alexandro, I'll try to do that. If I have any questions I'll call on you again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I host a site from googlesites free creator?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »