Mail or Web server outage. Who should I contact?
Thread poster: ckatsidonis
ckatsidonis
ckatsidonis  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 14:39
English to French
+ ...
Nov 8, 2004

Hi everyone,

I wondered what would be the procedure to follow in case of an outage or any serious problem with the mail or Web server.

Since this morning, Singapore time (which is 12 or 13 hours before the US wakes up), my Proz hosted e-mail doesn't work anymore. That is quite annoying as I am supposed to rely on this service for my professional e-mail and for Web hosting and losing a whole business day is NOT an option.

Is there a 24/7 phone line? A suppor
... See more
Hi everyone,

I wondered what would be the procedure to follow in case of an outage or any serious problem with the mail or Web server.

Since this morning, Singapore time (which is 12 or 13 hours before the US wakes up), my Proz hosted e-mail doesn't work anymore. That is quite annoying as I am supposed to rely on this service for my professional e-mail and for Web hosting and losing a whole business day is NOT an option.

Is there a 24/7 phone line? A support Center? Something?

As I said, I wake up 12 or 13 hours before the US does and it is not very convenient to be waiting all day for the problem to be solved...

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Charalambos
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 08:39
SITE STAFF
Submit a support request Nov 8, 2004

Polymathe wrote:

Hi Charalambos,

In the event of a problem with your hosted site, you should submit a support request. ProZ.com support staff work in multiple time zones, so that is your best option when the US is asleep. Support staff can resolve any minor issues, or call and wake up a technician in the event of a major problem.

I will contact you directly to resolve your current problem.

Best regards,

Jason

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mail or Web server outage. Who should I contact?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »