https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_hosting/26391-announcing_platinum_hosting_release_candidate-page3.html&phpv_redirected=1

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Announcing platinum hosting release candidate
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 07:15
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Does your ISP require you to use their SMTP server? Nov 8, 2004

Hi Clarisa,

The login username for your cmorana email account is "cmorana+idea-translations.com". Is that what you are using?

Does your ISP *require* you to use their outgoing SMTP server? It will reduce troubleshooting complexity if you can use the SMTP server provided with your hosting account instead.

If you must use your ISP's SMTP server, try unchecking "Use the same settings as the incoming server" under SMTP authentication, and fill in the SMTP authe
... See more
Hi Clarisa,

The login username for your cmorana email account is "cmorana+idea-translations.com". Is that what you are using?

Does your ISP *require* you to use their outgoing SMTP server? It will reduce troubleshooting complexity if you can use the SMTP server provided with your hosting account instead.

If you must use your ISP's SMTP server, try unchecking "Use the same settings as the incoming server" under SMTP authentication, and fill in the SMTP authentication information provided by your ISP.

I hope this helps.

Jason

P.S. I suggest that you remove your email addresses from the previous message to prevent them from being picked up by spam robots.
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:15
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I unchecked the settings for incoming server and it worked out! Nov 8, 2004

Jason Grimes wrote:

Hi Clarisa,
If you must use your ISP's SMTP server, try unchecking "Use the same settings as the incoming server" under SMTP authentication.

I hope this helps.

I unchecked it, and it helped!

Jason

P.S. I suggest that you remove your email addresses from the previous message to prevent them from being picked up by spam robots.

I'll remove them!

Thank you!

Clarisa

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Glad to hear it, Clarisa Nov 8, 2004

Clarisa Moraña wrote:
Jason Grimes wrote:
Hi Clarisa,
If you must use your ISP's SMTP server, try unchecking "Use the same settings as the incoming server" under SMTP authentication.

I unchecked it, and it helped!

Hi Clarisa,

I'm glad that worked for you. I will update the Mail Howto. Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

Jason

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:15
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Speed limits Nov 10, 2004

Hi Jason

Today at approx. 9:00 (GMT+1) the speed limitations reached their maximum, both on upload (only 160 kbit/s) and download (hardly 200 kbit/s, basicaly about 170 kbit/s)...
This has not changed and now (17:30 GMT+1) I get both download and upload speed only 170 kbit/s.
At the same time downloading from MS site (not their ftp site with glossaries, however) was approx 2000 kbit/s.

Are there any limitations between USA and Europe, which can cause this?... See more
Hi Jason

Today at approx. 9:00 (GMT+1) the speed limitations reached their maximum, both on upload (only 160 kbit/s) and download (hardly 200 kbit/s, basicaly about 170 kbit/s)...
This has not changed and now (17:30 GMT+1) I get both download and upload speed only 170 kbit/s.
At the same time downloading from MS site (not their ftp site with glossaries, however) was approx 2000 kbit/s.

Are there any limitations between USA and Europe, which can cause this?

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Intercontinental networks may account for bandwidth limitation Nov 10, 2004

Jerzy Czopik wrote:
Are there any limitations between USA and Europe, which can cause this?

Hi Jerzy,

It's possible that the intercontinental links your traffic is traversing between Europe and the US cause the bandwidth limits you are measuring. I will take another look for any traffic limits on your FTP server, just in case.

Regards,

Jason

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
a bit lost Nov 12, 2004

Hi Jason,

I'm trying to find my way in the web hosting issue but I'm still a bit lost : o (::::::
I have a domain that I forward to the free hosting of my ISP, but would like to have ProZ hosting with the option "I want to use a different domain registrar than ProZ.com".
I had a look at the settings on my registrar and there's a lot of details apart from the DNS servers (TTL, AUX, Type, etc.)
I took a screen shot of them an would like to know which of these I sho
... See more
Hi Jason,

I'm trying to find my way in the web hosting issue but I'm still a bit lost : o (::::::
I have a domain that I forward to the free hosting of my ISP, but would like to have ProZ hosting with the option "I want to use a different domain registrar than ProZ.com".
I had a look at the settings on my registrar and there's a lot of details apart from the DNS servers (TTL, AUX, Type, etc.)
I took a screen shot of them an would like to know which of these I should change.
Can I send it to you in private pls? (I'm not sure about posting these details openly).

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
Grace.
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Send screenshot to support Nov 12, 2004

Graciela Carlyle wrote:
I took a screen shot of them an would like to know which of these I should change.
Can I send it to you in private pls? (I'm not sure about posting these details openly).

Hi Graciela,

Please forward the screenshot to [email protected] and I will help you sort this out.

Best regards,

Jason

Jean-Marie Le Ray
Jean-Marie Le Ray  Identity Verified
France
Italian to French
+ ...
How can I change my domain name? Nov 16, 2004

Hi Jason,

Do you remember, some time ago, I asked for the possibility to change my domain name? Now, my problem was that my site wasn't ready, but I hope to finish it in a few days.
So, when the site will be finished, what will be the way to follow for uploading the new site version with the new domain name?
Thanks a lot for your work.
Bye, Jean-Marie

[Edited at 2004-11-16 00:08]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-11-16 15:16]

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Submit a support request when you're ready to remove the old domain Nov 16, 2004

victorhugo wrote:
Do you remember, some time ago, I asked for the possibility to change my domain name? Now, my problem was that my site wasn't ready, but I hope to finish it in a few days.
So, when the site will be finished, what will be the way to follow for uploading the new site version with the new domain name?
[Edited at 2004-11-16 00:08]

Hi Jean-Marie,

When you are ready for your old hosted domain to be taken down, just submit a support request. I will remove your old hosting account, and you will be able to sign up for a new account with your new domain at this page: http://www.proz.com/?sp=host/info

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jason

Jean-Marie Le Ray
France
Italian to French
+ ...
ASAP! Nov 17, 2004

Jason Grimes wrote:

Hi Jean-Marie,

When you are ready for your old hosted domain to be taken down, just submit a support request. I will remove your old hosting account, and you will be able to sign up for a new account with your new domain at this page: http://www.proz.com/?sp=host/info

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jason

Thank you very much, Jason, I hope it will be ready before Oxford, or at last immediately after, I mean for the beginning of December.

Kind regards,

Jean-Marie

Jean-Marie Le Ray
France
Italian to French
+ ...
P.S. Nov 22, 2004

Hi Jason,

I was thinking to another issue. When I'll put online the new site, what about the stats ? Is it possible to transfer current stats to the new site?

Jean-Marie

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Should be able to archive legacy webalizer stats Nov 23, 2004

Hi Jean-Marie,

It should be possible to archive your old webalizer stats files and make them available for viewing in your new hosting account. Please remind me that you want to do this when you submit your support request to remove your old domain.

Best regards,

Jason

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing platinum hosting release candidate

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »