https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_hosting/25081-domain_registration_how_long_should_i_wait.html&phpv_redirected=1

domain registration - how long should I wait?
Thread poster: Adam Podstawczynski (X)
Adam Podstawczynski (X)
Adam Podstawczynski (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:40
Polish to English
+ ...
Sep 27, 2004

Hi,

I registered a .com domain via Proz.com. I received the following confirmation:

"Registration for podstawczynski.com has been completed and should show up in tomorrow's WHOIS database update."

This was 2 days ago. As I understand, Proz.com takes care of pointing the new domain to my hosting account on Proz.com. However, how long should I wait? What is the usual domain registration time? It's been a few days now, and the domain still looks as if it was n
... See more
Hi,

I registered a .com domain via Proz.com. I received the following confirmation:

"Registration for podstawczynski.com has been completed and should show up in tomorrow's WHOIS database update."

This was 2 days ago. As I understand, Proz.com takes care of pointing the new domain to my hosting account on Proz.com. However, how long should I wait? What is the usual domain registration time? It's been a few days now, and the domain still looks as if it was not registered.
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 18:40
SITE STAFF
Domain registered; you already had a different hosted domain Sep 27, 2004

Hi Adam,

Your domain was registered successfully.

The reason that your domain didn't automatically point to your hosting account was that you already had a different domain for your hosting account: podstawek.my.proz.com. The standard hosting package allows you to host only one domain.

I have changed the domain associated with your hosting account to podstawczynski.com. Everything should work as you expect it to now.

In the future, to change th
... See more
Hi Adam,

Your domain was registered successfully.

The reason that your domain didn't automatically point to your hosting account was that you already had a different domain for your hosting account: podstawek.my.proz.com. The standard hosting package allows you to host only one domain.

I have changed the domain associated with your hosting account to podstawczynski.com. Everything should work as you expect it to now.

In the future, to change the domain associated with your hosting account, please submit a support request.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jason
Collapse

Adam Podstawczynski (X)
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you! Sep 27, 2004

Thanks a lot, it's working! I'm yet another happy snob (YAHS, not to be confused with JAPH or YaST ) with own name as a domain.

Maybe it would be worth adding your answer to the Hosting HOWTO? I knew about the one-domain-per-account rule, but somehow I thought this referred to the free domain I got when setting up the account, not the one I've bought.... See more
Thanks a lot, it's working! I'm yet another happy snob (YAHS, not to be confused with JAPH or YaST ) with own name as a domain.

Maybe it would be worth adding your answer to the Hosting HOWTO? I knew about the one-domain-per-account rule, but somehow I thought this referred to the free domain I got when setting up the account, not the one I've bought.

Anyway, thanks again.
Collapse

Adam Podstawczynski (X)
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
One more question: mail problem Sep 27, 2004

Hi again,

now that the domain is working, I've set up an e-mail account via CPanel. I can send e-mail to this account, and I can read it via the Web interface (e.g. NeoMail).

However, when I try to download mail via POP3, I get this error message:

Sorry, cannot find owner for that domain (podstawczynski.com).

Could you help me with this, too?

Regards,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

domain registration - how long should I wait?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »