https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_hosting/24344-host_mail_pop_server_dissapears_several_times_a_day.html&phpv_redirected=1

host/mail/pop server dissapears several times a day
Thread poster: Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:21
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 2, 2004

Hi

My mail server mail.perutranslations.com somehow dissapears (I receive a POP server not found message) two or three times a day, times ranging up to an hour. Then, it reactivates again and I can download my mail.

The same thing happens to my host.

What is happening?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-10-30 18:48]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-10-30 18:49]

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 08:21
SITE STAFF
Might be a DNS problem at your ISP Sep 2, 2004

Edwal Rospigliosi wrote:
My mail server mail.perutranslations.com somehow dissapears (I receive a POP server not found message) two or three times a day, times ranging up to an hour. Then, it reactivates again and I can download my mail.

The same thing happens to my host.

What is happening?

Hi Edwal,

I'm not aware of any issue on our end that could cause this, though I'd like to hear if anyone else is having the same problem. One possibility is that your ISP is having intermittent problems with DNS resolution. Does this happen with any other web sites you try to visit? I recommend that you contact your ISP to see if they can offer any assistance.

Regards,

Jason

Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:21
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My ISP is not the problem Oct 1, 2004

Hi again

I have no problems at all with other sites, just with my ProZ hosting.

I receive the Following:

"No se pudo encontrar el host "mail.perutranslations.com". Compruebe el nombre del servidor. Cuenta: '[email protected]', Servidor: 'mail.perutranslations.com', Protocolo: POP3, Puerto: 110, Seguridad (SSL): No, Error de socket: 11004, Número de error: 0x800CCC0D"

And my website control panel does not appear, it shows a 404 err
... See more
Hi again

I have no problems at all with other sites, just with my ProZ hosting.

I receive the Following:

"No se pudo encontrar el host "mail.perutranslations.com". Compruebe el nombre del servidor. Cuenta: '[email protected]', Servidor: 'mail.perutranslations.com', Protocolo: POP3, Puerto: 110, Seguridad (SSL): No, Error de socket: 11004, Número de error: 0x800CCC0D"

And my website control panel does not appear, it shows a 404 error.

It occurs intermitently several times a day, but today it has been down the whole day. I'm really worried about this.

Regards

Edwal
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 08:21
SITE STAFF
Please try accessing mail by IP address Oct 4, 2004

Hi Edwal,

My logs indicate no problems with your site at all on 1 Oct; your site was up all day, you were just unable to reach it. This still sounds to me like a problem with your ISP's name servers.

To find out for sure, please try using your mail server's IP address in your mail client configuration. In place of "mail.perutranslations.com", use "216.218.254.146". If that resolves the problem, you should contact your ISP's support department and ask them to look into
... See more
Hi Edwal,

My logs indicate no problems with your site at all on 1 Oct; your site was up all day, you were just unable to reach it. This still sounds to me like a problem with your ISP's name servers.

To find out for sure, please try using your mail server's IP address in your mail client configuration. In place of "mail.perutranslations.com", use "216.218.254.146". If that resolves the problem, you should contact your ISP's support department and ask them to look into this name server problem. On the other hand, if you still experience intermittent problems contacting your mail server, then we'll have to try some other tests.

Regards,

Jason
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

host/mail/pop server dissapears several times a day

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »