https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_hosting/23439-proz_hosting_system_is_being_updated_for_how_long.html&phpv_redirected=1

ProZ hosting system is being updated - for how long???
Thread poster: Valeri Serikov
Valeri Serikov
Valeri Serikov  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:10
English to Russian
+ ...
Jul 30, 2004

Hi all,

Because of this update I cannot receive Emails which can be regarded as loss of profit! I tried to send an Email to myself and it went into nothing...How long will this last???

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 18:10
SITE STAFF
Mail is being delivered to your new hosting account Jul 30, 2004

Valery Serikov wrote:
Because of this update I cannot receive Emails which can be regarded as loss of profit! I tried to send an Email to myself and it went into nothing...How long will this last???

Hi Valery,

I'm not sure what hosting update you are referring to, but email is being successfully delivered to your account on the new hosting system.

To check your mail, start at your hosting info page: http://www.proz.com/?sp=host/info

Click the "[Webmail]" link in your hosting info box.

Log in with the username and password you selected when you created your hosting account.

For information about configuring your mail client to use your new hosting account, see the Getting Started Guide.

I hope this helps.

Jason

Valeri Serikov
Valeri Serikov  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:10
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Oops, sorry... Jul 30, 2004

I figured it out, so it was my fault.

But I would dare to say that the site staff should have warned me somehow that the old system does not work, because when the Emails were received by my server, they were not downloaded by my Email client as if there were nothing... And I do not use Web interfaces and I was NOT going to read the Getting started guide because I have used the system for a couple of years and this was not a start, but a "relocation" in fact:)

I mean, y
... See more
I figured it out, so it was my fault.

But I would dare to say that the site staff should have warned me somehow that the old system does not work, because when the Emails were received by my server, they were not downloaded by my Email client as if there were nothing... And I do not use Web interfaces and I was NOT going to read the Getting started guide because I have used the system for a couple of years and this was not a start, but a "relocation" in fact:)

I mean, you should clearly state in bold that in order to use the new system and continue receiving Emails, you should make NEW settings in your Email client etc...

[Edited at 2004-07-30 14:39]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ hosting system is being updated - for how long???

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »